Thread: trying to prevent decubiti, when on extended car trip

trying to prevent decubiti, when on extended car trip

Hi, I am new to this and can't think of a catchier subject heading, but it describes my problem. I will be taking a long car trip this summer, and would like to avoid decubiti. I have a Propensity for them. My roho doen't work becuase it puts me up to high. I use a genuine sheep skin for local travel. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Geeez

Even for local travel I have a Stimulite on my car seat. I never get decubiti but the pain in my butt would be atrocious if I didn't use a cushion in the car. A half height Roho or a Stimulite would be a big improvement for you. If you easily get ulcers then I wouldn't even consider going on a long trip without some form of better protection. Getting a sore is just too much of a problem, as I'm sure you know. Avoid it any way you can.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Check out

A Roho Pack it. It is low and compact and great for traveling.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

pack it vs low profile roho

Since I use a high profile roho, when I use it, (currently using a new jay cushion), any suggestions regarding the use of pack it compared to low profile roho. Also, any vendor suggestions? I did a search and it seems that there are a number of vendors out there with a wide range of price points.