Page 2 of 237 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey Fans?

Canucks in 6 Shaun!

Yep 8th, Bring on Detroit, we'll do em in 6, and you're gonna eat your words. Toughness won't be a problem, not in the playoffs, the only problem will be staying out of the box, cause all the Wings do is clutch and grab, I'd loose patience with that crap too! Why are you a Leaf fan, if you lived here? Just curious did you happen to know a Glen or Clint S. over there? Anyway what a awesome series this is gonna be, I hope Handibob's ready to go down in 6. I'll be watching the Leaf-Islander series too, my hubby's from T.O. and a die-hard Leaf fan too. Hey Emi, Sorry about your Oil, I really wanted them to get in, they're my 2nd team, next year! PS. Yeah I know what ya mean, not alot of hockey fans aye, Hockey Rules!

[This message was edited by Monkeygirl on Apr 16, 2002 at 10:25 AM.]

Bertuzzi song!

Hey check out the Bertuzzi video, it's awesome, "It's called the Todd Bertuzzi"
    I couldn't fiqure out how to get the video part on, just the music. Click on Bertuzzi! http://www.heavyeric.com Oh great now they won't show the Video part, just the tunes, oh well!!!

[This message was edited by Monkeygirl on Apr 18, 2002 at 03:05 AM.]

Monkeygirl:
    I sure hope the Canucks beat those Detroit "Deadthings" but it might take 7 games, should be a good series though. Sorry to say but the Leafs will take the cup. Blue & White forever !!!

"If the wind could blow my troubles away. I'd stand in front of a hurricane."

CANUCKS IN 6!

What are you puttin in your brownies Id be more than willing to eat my words but i dought it.Clint or Glen S nope.I was still walkin in those days i crashed up in Port Hardy,went to G.F for rehab and headed back to the praires after that.As the for Leafs i was raised on them the Canucks have never impressed me much.Jeremy knows, blue and white forever..MAPLE LEAFS nough said..

~Shaun~

wings in 6

that,s my call and i,m sticking to it

[This message was edited by handibob on Apr 20, 2002 at 12:39 PM.]

Yeah Baaabbbbyyyyyy!!!!!

One down, Three to go!!!! And we didn't even play up to our usual standards. We also with-stood that horrible officiating, Pretty quiet at the Jo tonight! Gotta luv playoffs, and better yet a win in OT! Bertuzzi will wear down Chelios by game three and look out!! Can't wait till Friday!! OH and Guys, Leafs winning the cup, I don't think so, we'll meet you there and we'll take you in six too!!!

[This message was edited by Monkeygirl on Apr 18, 2002 at 11:28 AM.]

stiil in 6

takes the old guys a little while to get rollin so hold on, it ain't over yet

[This message was edited by handibob on Apr 20, 2002 at 12:39 PM.]

Im not warmin my fryin pan for crow yet sister,i watched that game to and those were some pretty flaky goals babe As for the Canuckle heads against the blue white,be hard for your boys to win when there layin all over the ice sobbing ''that hurt'' . Handibob i got question me and the boys were hopin you could answer for us,whats with the octopie bein thrown on the ice? is there sometype of history behind that?

~Shaun~

Hey Shaun!

Here's the "History Of the Octopus"

The octopus first made it's appearance on April 15, 1952, during the Red Wings' Stanley Cup playoff run.

Two Detroit brothers, Pete and Jerry Cusimano, who owned a fishmongers in the Eastern Market, threw one on the ice at Olympia Stadium. Each tentacle of the octopus was symbolic of a win in the playoffs. Back then, the NHL consisted of just the origional six teams, and eight wins (two best-of-seven series) were needed to win the Stanley Cup. The Red Wings swept the series that year, and the Octopus has come to be the good luck charm ever since.

The tradition carried over to Joe Louis Arena on opening night in 1979 when several of the cepholopods found their way onto the ice.

During the 1995 playoffs, Bob Dubisky and Larry Shotwell, co-workers at a meat and seafood retail company near Detroit, tossed a 38-pound octopus onto the ice during the National Anthem prior to Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals. The year after, the duo struck again with a 50-pounder in the Conference Finals. Although the feat received no air time on the nationally broadcast game, the octopus was proudly displayed on the hood of the Zamboni between periods.

OH, and who's gonna have us crying "that hurt," "Pull the jersey over your head then "Turtle Domi" I don't think so!!

Groovy thanks Monkeygirl

''Turtle Domi'' OH NO! You didnt just say that,one incident and if you remember correctly big dumb Jim Mckenzie took a majour and a game misconduct for that move,smart thinkin on Domi's part

Domi's only one part of your problem,how about Cross,Belak,Berg,Mcabe and Corson,Roberts will you get the picture no team in the NHL can take the physical game away from the LEAFS certainly not the Canucks

~Shaun~