Page 235 of 237 FirstFirst ... 135185225226227228229230231232233234235236237 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2368

Thread: Hockey Fans?

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    Hmmmmm..........

Someone been watching some OT hockey today??????

the Caps did ok, but man did they pay for their feebleness with the puck! Hoping game 2 goes a lot better.....
    YES!

Gotta admit, hockey has never been my thing. I always thought it was for people who lived in Boston, Chicago and other parts of Canada. Never understood why someone would intentionally go onto ice, or how you can play a team sport without a ball.

But high def TV and Flyer fanaticism changed my opinion. And with the internet providing the rules of the game, I'm even starting to understand the game a little. Which reminds me of something I first learned in regard to the oceans - understanding is a key element of appreciation.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Charlottes Web View Post
    Thanks for the good luck wishes, and Preds compliments, Van!

Squirrelly, (17 y/o's nickname), is after an ROTC scholarship, but looking first at schools with good hockey programs. He also wants to go into the Military, (he heard it was easy, haha), but I'm not fond of the idea. The Pred's manager is a former client of mine, and I'm pulling every string I have to negotiate something there... like Water Boy! LOL

Enjoy the games before the ice melts!
    You're probably tasked with becoming the family expert on this, so here's a resource from the BC Junior Hockey League. It is a league just below the major junior hockey, which is the feeder league for the NHL draft. The BC Hockey League empathizes education so they have a great handbook on their site regarding CIS and NCAA schools. For your information:

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/custom_pa...93&pageID=4646
    you can become an expert on this

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    You're probably tasked with becoming the family expert on this, so here's a resource from the BC Junior Hockey League. It is a league just below the major junior hockey, which is the feeder league for the NHL draft. The BC Hockey League empathizes education so they have a great handbook on their site regarding CIS and NCAA schools. For your information:

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/custom_pa...93&pageID=4646
    you can become an expert on this

Wow, great handbook... thanks a lot. New to my husband and I. My husband is excited about reading it. He thanks you too! He's the expert and keeper of the grueling schedules.

We're in the middle of Inline season now. It's fun but no match to ice hockey. Slower pace, hot weather, and worst of all, the park is not handicap accessible. No way to access the raised blechers so I have to push myself up from my chair and stretch my neck to see anything. But, this is his last year in that game; cut off at 18 y/o, so I'm not complaining. We'll do Pred's Hockey Camp and Hockey Dynamics when school's out.

Have you ever watched Inline Hockey?
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

I have watched inline but was injured before it was invented. it looks like fun

Hockey Day in America today. Great to watch everyone skating outdoors at New York's Central Park. The early game had Buffalo against Pittsburgh with an amazing amount of energy. It felt like the playoffs! Chicago is beating up on Los Angeles 3-0 after two periods. Much better hockey than the last couple of Canucks games I've watched.

That should get monkeygirl's attention

I'm surprise how big hockey has come in the USA. Even here in florida it's big with the young kids. My two nephews loved it at a very young age. You couldn't keep them off the ice. They are on it every day. The oldest one is 20 now and plays for a semi pro type team in canada and loves it. Next season he'll be playing for a northeast college team, hasn't decided which one. The other one is 15 and plays on travel teams. It's funning how these young kids travel so much for a kids team. For instance, they'll have teams in other parts of the country that might be in a tournament and they'll ask my nephew to fill in and play in that one or two games and they'll pay for the flight and hotel. They don't pay him but they let him keep some gear. He''ll a hockey stick cost 200.00.

Don't look now, but the USA has won the last four Under 18 World Championships and six of the last eight! It's no longer Canada's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    I have watched inline but was injured before it was invented. it looks like fun

Hockey Day in America today. Great to watch everyone skating outdoors at New York's Central Park. The early game had Buffalo against Pittsburgh with an amazing amount of energy. It felt like the playoffs! Chicago is beating up on Los Angeles 3-0 after two periods. Much better hockey than the last couple of Canucks games I've watched.

That should get monkeygirl's attention
    Hey Van! How goes it? Yeah, I agree, it's getting better, they had to play that crap, can you imagine watching that all season. I don't know how the Jersey & Minny fans did it all those years, I'd slash man.....

That really sucked last yr, but I saw it coming, as I do again this yr. unless AV slaps the shit out of them. (Or maybe he's part of the problem)

They better turn it up & quick or they're one & done again.

If you take away Buttmens loser points, they might as well be bottom of the barrel with the rest of the NW. Which by the way is half the problem.

It's so weak their numbers are inflated and they think they're better than they are. There's no competition, as soon as they play good teams they can't get it together.

I know Kes & (Bambi-killer (sicko) are just back, but the D are a mess, that's where we're supposed to be deepest, frikin Hossa crusing to the net last game...disgusting Speakin of Hossa. ..what a crock Hansen got a game for that, if it wasn't Hossa droppin, it would be a non-call.....

Now all the lines are being shakin up, guys playing wrong sides, opposite wings, it's prolly gonna get worse before it gets better...peachy.....

We'll see, I'm actually hoping for a good 'ol barn burner shit kicking to wake em up 8-0 would be nice......to bad the Hawks didn't do it.

Anywho....... we shall see..

PS: What's going on with the Ducks, usually all braun & no brains doesn't work out. Dirty play & intimidation is the only way they know how to play....
    Last edited by monkeygirl; 02-21-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Ducks actually have 4 lines that can skate and score. Dirty play and intimidation is just a bonus...

My son's team last weekend. Bantam AA champs!

OK, now the score is 97,120 to 1