Thread: Hockey Fans?

I watched that game...that hit was dirty. At least Umberger will be ok.
    Looked like he still had the puck in that clip which, makes him a target. Looked like a clean hit to me. Glad to hear he is ok.
    Last edited by westcoast_gc; 04-25-2006 at 12:55 AM.
    Sometimes the lights all shinin on me; Other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been: The Grateful Dead

Even if we'd lost, I'd say thats the most entertaining game this year! From 3-0, to 3-4, to 5-4, to double overtime! Hard hittin fast playin hockey hockey hockey! But we won! So it's even better!

start shutting the canes rink for the season

Some might argue that carolina had a chance in that game, that they put up a fight, but if you ask me id say they got lucky to make it into overtime. habs shoulda stomped em at least 5-2 maybe 3 there. if they hadnt scored on em selves twice, and if huet wasnt screened like a mofo (it was a nice screen) on the tying goal, it woulda ended 5-2. but a win is a win. now they must face the wrath of habs home game advantage in the playoffs... they better bring some ear plugs cause that place is gonna be nuts. im sure chris will have a whole account of the win on thursday after teh game. have fun man that will be a great experience. GO HABS..

i can hear it now, the overwhelming chant of gerber.. if he plays that is.
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain ." Bob Marley

yea man definetly exciting game. those 2 goals to put em up 5-4 were beauties. Kovalev is frickin amazin!

for whoever didnt watch the game... you can watch the exciting highlights here:
    http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=4999
    if you look to the top of the page there is highlight video options.
    sooooooo goood.

Oh man, that was a wicked game. It's been a while since I enjoyed a game that much. Added bonus didn't matter to me who won, no stress, nothing, just enjoy. It's like you just knew that the Canes were going to tie her up and take her to OT.
    Man, I hope the next 5 games are just like that. A couple questionable calls late though, but all in all, not bad.

I sure wasn't expecting to be that glued to the game, thank god for the DVR, to record 24 & Prison Break Can't believe I stood up Jack for a Frog game.

PS: I thought the hit on Umberger was a clean hit, devastating yes but dirty..nah. He had his head down.. He was a cocky lil shit when he was here, nothing wrong with a humbling experience once in a while. Bet he'll keep his head up from now on, poor bugger, bell-ringer or what?

PS: JD..Is this your kid?
    Last edited by monkeygirl; 04-25-2006 at 02:28 AM.

Awww MG I'm touched!

Jack Bauer wasn't addicted to heroin, heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoast_gc

Looked like he still had the puck in that clip which, makes him a target. Looked like a clean hit to me. Glad to hear he is ok.
    Thought he already passed the puck...could be wrong though I'm pretty sure Campbell got a penalty. Umberger only ended up with a broken nose even though he was hit in the jaw. Man, he was laying on the ice for a while. Didn't think he was going to get up at first. Even though my Yotes didn't make it (not that I was expecting them to ) I'm loving the playoffs

Laviollete should have pulled Gerber after the second goal. I don't know what's been up with him lately. He's not the same goalie that I saw all season. Cam Ward looked decent and definitely gave the canes a spark off the bench.

Honestly, we are lucky we even made it to overtime with a chance to win. Keep in mind though, you guys did allow four unanswered goals late.

That was a heartbreaking loss. The Canes are scrappy though. I find it hard to believe that the Habs will pull off a sweep.

And monkeygirl...yes, that is my kid. He's sending that out to all the Canes haters on CC...jk.
    "Your love is just the antidote when nothing else will cure me" ~Sarah McLachlan

Quote Originally Posted by christopher
    Jack Bauer wasn't addicted to heroin, heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.
    My favorite Jack Bauer joke is:

The Black Eyed Peas were known as the Peas, until they met Jack Bauer.

Anyways on topic, that game was great, one of the best I seen in awhile. And that R.J. Umberger hit was clean, it was like watching Scott Stevens again, loved it.
    Josh, C6 incomplete
    I'm not sad, I'm complicated. Chicks dig that.