Thread: Sip and Puff Fishing Pole

Sip and Puff Fishing Pole

I am an engineering student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Together with a group of my peers we are working on designing and building an automatic fishing pole that will be controlled by of sip and puff. We are looking for people that are interested in seeing this project brought to completion who are willing to periodicly give us feedback to make this product as well suited to the user as possible. If you are interested in helping please contact me via e-mail at fishingpoles@hotmail.com

Thanks

Questions

I can see how sip and puff could be used to control the reel, but how are you proposing to take care of casting and controlling the fish on-line if the person has no use at all of their upper extemities?

(KLD)

Answer to questions

Right now we have a prototype built that can only cast the pole. We are currently working on the retrieval process. The pole will be conected to a motor that casts and works the fish when bringing it in. The motor also reals in the fish. The controls will be operated by timing devices in the circuitry and by user control through sip and puff. We are also looking into hooking it up to different types of controls, such as something hand held, to widen the application to other degrees of injury and their motor capabilities. Which is why we are seeking people that would be willing to give us input as to how we can make our fishing pole work best for them.

Anyone willing to help us in this area would be greatly appreciated.