Thread: Anyone fly since 9-11-01?

Anyone fly since 9-11-01?

Have any of you folks in a wheelchair flown since 9-11-01? What kind of search and security precautions do we have to undergo now? I was always given a superficial pat-down in my wheelchair before. What do they generally do now? Thanks.

Not much different

Have flown twice since then, don't find it much different than before except more thorough. Here is a similar topic discussion from New Mobility:

New Mobility Post on Flying

(KLD)

I have. Security wasn't much different for me. The line for the security check at Newark was much longer, but the actual check I got was pretty much the same.

~Rus

"Life's a bitch, but I love her."

The only Flying I have done since Sept 11 is.......

still illegal in 50 states but decriminalized in many lol

I haven't flown but went on my first cruise 2 weeks after 9-11. Sniffed by a bomb dog, my back pack removed and sent through xray, all stowed luggage was xrayed away from the boarding area, etc. And I was taken to one side by a woman and I leaned forward so she could pat down my back and off to both sides. Checked the entire chair and asked if it were ok to feel under the seat (not under my butt) and also felt down both legs. She touched the leg bag and I leaned forward and told her it was a urine collection bag and if she needed to look could we go behind a curtain that was there. She said it wasn't necessary as she had been briefed on wheelers and their neat equipment.

Nothing worse or better than what I got as an AB in the 1980's and early 90s flying in Europe. Glad they check everyone. My husband just went through the metal detector and had to empty all pockets and hand over hand luggage and his jacket anyway. We keep all my medical stuff in one carry on so they took that aside. Real nice and low key.

Flew just a week ago...

Flew a week ago to Vegas. Wasn't too bad. First time since my injury. Lines were a little longer, security was mostly the same, although they say it's different. Found out that the flight crew was more than helpfull. Had to transfer onto there aisle chair, small and very uncomfortable.

Other than that, it was good.

Michael

Current regulations

I posted a copy of the current security regulations to the other thread on this topic.