Thread: Question for those who have skied

Question for those who have skied

How do you get up the mountain,are you lifted onto the ski chair. Any info for someone who would like to try it

Skiing

Generally you are in your ski first (sit ski sled or monoski) and then lifted up onto the chair ski lift. At the other end, once you have developed some skill you can often get off the lift by yourself, but at first you will need to be lifted here too. If you go to a formal disabled ski clinic first (strongly recommended) they will take care of all of this for you with volunteers and staff.

(KLD)

Skiing Uphill!

Many resorts both in the States and Europe are mostly served with chair lifts to access the mountain. However, some resorts still heavily utilise drag lifts (Buttons & T-Bars. as long as the ski bob has a suitable quick release arrangement, these can also be used, although the timing of release at the top has to be near perfect or else you either 1. stop dead just before going backwards down the drag and wiping those following you out !! great fun to watch! or 2. you go flying round the top pulley - also greatly hilarious for your buddies watching!

Most modern ski bobs are much better at using the chair lifts than the older generations so although I started skiing only using drags, I now much prefer chair lifts. I find I can be totally self-sufficient on them and only request that they are slowed down for me to get on and off.

Hope this helps - have fun.