Thread: wheel chair for c6

wheel chair for c6

HI,
    CAN C5C6 MOVE MANUAL WHEEL CHAIR?.IF ANY ONE IS SAYING YES THEN CAN YOU PLEASE TELL THAT WHAT ALL CHANGES SHOULD BE BROUGHT IN IT?.
    THANKS.

If you are a strong C6, then most people can use a manual chair, but if you must navigate a lot on unpaved surfaces, uneven ground or hills, a power chair may be needed.

For a complete C5 injury, a manual chair is really only practical for level uncarpeted surfaces indoors. Good for exercise, but a power chair may be needed for any real community mobility.

(KLD)

inc c4/5 here, no triceps. have always used a manual chair, ramps hills ect no problem. it helps build u up as well. for a quad imo a chair w/ 90 degree frt end is best, it allows u to get closer to the thing your transfering to.
    my chair of choice is the colours eclipse, very light and maneuverable. get some dump in it for your balance.

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung

I'm 5/6 complette, usee mainy mannuall as well, not quite he ability asd good old SUPER Fuente but was getting there. My chair is an Invacare A-4 Ti. Maybee checkoout the the pushh rim lugs foor extra help.

asif - C6 injury as well - always have used a manual chair.

check out www.ti-lite.com

Agreed with fuente about 90 degree setup.

Good luck.