Thread: Quad-reachers

Quad-reachers

I'm looking at quad reachers and am wondering if they work like they advertise. Any suggestions on the best brand? Thanks.

Here is a previous thread with some info:

reachers etc.

The first link I gave now has the quad reacher on page 2.

Yep, they work as advertised. Mine has been a godsend.

Seneca,

which quad reacher do you recommend?

the "vee zee" model, or the other one which looks like it has a rubber band on the end of it, or the Cripper...

"The essense of greatness is the perception that courage is enough." R. Waldo Emerson

Originally posted by Vike:

I'm looking at quad reachers and am wondering if they work like they advertise. Any suggestions on the best brand? Thanks.
    Check with walgreens. I bought a reacher for $45 at a local medical suppier and when I saw the almost similar item at walgreens dor $10.00 I had to cry. Check exmed.net they have decent prices for medical supplies. They r located in MO.

It looks to me that the Vee-Zee reacher (http://www.grovergear.com/id57.htm) might be a good choice if you don't have strong wrist extensors, but otherwise might be a hassle to use because you need both arms, or 1 + your mouth, to use it. This might restrict the distance you can each with it if you can't use your other arm for balance. I've never tried one though. On the other hand it does fold up and can "be formed to individual requirements".

Does anyone here have a Vee-Zee or a Cripper?