Thread: Pressure Ulcer Prevention Research: Chicago Institute of Rehabilitation

Pressure Ulcer Prevention Research: Chicago Institute of Rehabilitation

Pressure Ulcer Prevention Research:

Dr. Rosemarie King and Dr. David Chen are currently recruiting persons with a spinal cord injury (SCI) to participate in a study about pressure ulcer prevention. The purpose of the study is to develop a questionnaire about beliefs on self-care to prevent pressure sores after SCI.

Those eligible to participate will be asked to record their skin care 4 days a week for two weeks. After the skin care logs have been completed, participants will complete a questionnaire over the phone with a study investigator.

Participation takes about 2 hours over 3 weeks. All contacts are over the phone; participants do not have to travel. Participants are compensated for their participation.

If you are interested please call 1-866-570-0007.

Dr. Rosemarie King is a member of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Dr. David Chen is Director of the Spinal Cord Injury Service, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago.

bump

Bumping this up. Dr. King says they still need at least 20 more subjects for this study. There is a small fee paid to those who participate. Please consider volunteering.

(KLD)

my son is currently enrolled in the study

I wonder if the doctor would be interested in doing a study on pressure sore wound care. We have experience helping paraplegics and quadraplegics to heal these types of wounds. I will call her.
    Martin
    www.bedsoresolutions.com
    800 357 2944