Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butter

Felipe, you're so right.

Marm, thanks for the recipe. Sounds exactly what I thought butter cream frosting was supposed to be. I can understand why some commercial establishments would use Crisco but it's not the same. We have a new bakery in town advertising that it uses only butter ... as opposed to margarine/oleo? Hmmm. I'm sure they don't mean for pie crusts, etc.

As usual, this topic is making my mouth/tummy crave things that my hips and thighs don't need.

'Pate brisee' is a French pie/pastry/tart crust that is made exclusively with butter.

Bet it's awesome ...

Martha...don't keep you bacon grease under the sink!!!

Bacon grease will go rancid and develope many nasty bacteria if not refrigerated.

Also...if you want to keep it in a cup or glass bowl...be sure to set a teaspoon in the cup before pouring in your hot grease. It absorbs much of the heat and keeps the cup/bowl from breaking.

Kap

(This space available)

Kap ... I don't keep any bacon grease, but mom used to. However, she'd use it regularly in her cooking, so it didn't sit around very long.

Originally posted by marco25:

Bet it's awesome ...
    Yes it is, I have tried it!

Originally posted by Kaprikorn1:

Martha...don't keep you bacon grease under the sink!!!

Bacon grease will go rancid and develope many nasty bacteria if not refrigerated.
    REALLY!!!! Will i guess i better get all those bags full out from under my bed....

~~or whatever it is i just spelled~~