Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Invent a Wrap for my New Store

Invent a Wrap for my New Store

I'm opening up a new sub shop, it will be open in about 4-6 months.I'm calling on all here to give me there best idea for a wrap. I have 11 wraps on the menu, but I'm not going to tell you what they are, just give me your best idea.
    Give your wrap a name.I will then start a new post for people to vote the wrap they like the best, and it will go on the menu, name and all. I'll post a picture of the menu.Oh yeah there's one more thing , I will donate $1.00 for every wrap sold, to carecure and Dr Young or to any worthwhile SCI endevor you see fit.

I stock the following ingredients
    Wraps: Sun Dried Tomato, Whole Wheat, Flour.

Cheese: Provolone, American, Swiss, Fresh wet mootz(thats mozzarella)PepperJack, Cheddar

Meats: Ham, Cappacoulla(Italian Hot Ham)Proscuttin(Italian Peppered Ham) Salami, Pepperoni, Bacon, Turkey, Roast Beef, Chicken, Rib Eye Steak, Tuna, Bologna, Pork Roll

Dressings and Sauces: Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Ranch, Caesar, Dijon Honey Mustard, Bleu Cheese, 1000 Island, Mayo, Chipolte Mayo, Horseradish, Balsamic Vinegrete, Raspberry Vinegrete, French, Vinegar & Oil, BBQ sauce, buffalo sauce, Teriyaki sauce, peanut sauce.

Vegetables: Onion, Iceberg and Romaine Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, Jalepeno, Sweet Bananna Peppers, Sweet Roasted Red Peppers, Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, Red Cabbage

Spices: Salt, Pepper, Oregano, Garlic Salt

P.S. you can add a sauce, veggie or spice to the list if you dont see what you want

I'll Give it a month for everyone to participate, then we wil make a decision

Have fun with it and Good Luck!

JimmyMack

[This message was edited by JimmyMack on 09-25-04 at 08:18 AM.]

Aww, Jimmy, I'm jealous! But I did just get a sweet catering gig here that may lead into something!

Lemme think on a sammy a while!

I would want:

A whole wheat wrap with Proscuttin,mozzeralla,and French Dressing, onion, romain lettuce, tomatos, jalepenos,bell peppers, salt and pepper.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

Clubbed Bird: "The Gawble" or "The Cluck-Cluck"

whole wheat wrap
    REAL turkey or REAL chicken (ergo gawble or cluck and none of that processed stuff!)
    bacon
    mayo
    romaine lettuce
    tomato
    salt n' pepper

I like the 'ole standards.

Lynnifer:The turkey is cooked in house, the roast beef is angus certified and trimmed tied and cooked in house and the chicken is all white meat breast hand trimmed and cooked in house. Your wrap sounds great, people do love the classics w/fresh (and real) ingredients

Emi:Very interesting. people love that kind of out of the ordinary combinations, what would its name be? THE VIOLET

JimmyMack

Jimmy, there is a cookbook specifically devoted to wraps. It is called "Wrap It Up" by Amy Cotler. I did go to a wrap shop in Chattanooga, Tn several years ago that was doing well. Good Luck and I'll be thinking of a wrap recipe..........

The "Elvis's grandma" - peanut butter & banana in a wrap.

Okay, here goes, Jimmy. This is for your future vegetarian customers........

Hummus Wrap

Hummus
    Sprouts or red leaf lettuce
    Cucumbers
    Roma tomatoes
    vinigrette

For the hummus mixture at our store I use a powdered hummus, from health food store, Olive oil, hot water and seasonings. Then I add finely diced green onions, bell peppers and grated carrots. This keeps quite well and you can quickly add the other ingredients. You can 'tie' up the wrap with the green part of the green onion.

Here's another one:

Tuna wrap

Tuna salad
    Lettuce

Here's how I make my tuna salad:
    Water packed tuna
    Hand-cut(chunky) celery
    Onion
    grated carrot
    chopped red apples
    salt and coarse black pepper
    garlic powder