Thread: Is gatorade addictive?

Is gatorade addictive?

I would like to not be dependant on this stuff but everytime I stop drinking it for a few days and instead drink juice or tea, I always end up with a headache after about three days which goes away once I start drinking it again.

Anyone else experience gatorade withdrawl?

When I started trying to cut out soft drinks, I started drinking Gatoraid. I started waking up at night (1-2hrs after cathing and every 1-2hrs later) with AD symptoms kicking in. I'd have to be cathed, and even though I wouldn't cath much it did stop the AD. My SCI doc told me to quit drinking Gatoraid. I don't remember the exact wording, but it had something to do with my bodies inability to absorb the stuff in gatoraid.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

This is pretty funny ...

The Great Gatorade Conspiracy

~ "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." ~ Ambrose Redmoon

Maybe this will answer some of your questions.

How Gatorade Works

~ "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." ~ Ambrose Redmoon

For you Gatorade addicts who've possibly resorted to crime to support your addiction, you could try making it at home.

Also, seneca, maybe there's something in the ingredients that will address the addiction question.

Recipe for Gatorade

~ Joy to the world, all the boys and girls. Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea. Joy to you and me. ~ Three Dog Night

Seneca, I had the same problem about a year ago. I drank 70 to 80 ounces per day for 4 years and when I did not have it, I seem to have cravings for it. After getting a nasty pressure sore, my doctor did some blood work and said my sugar was borderline diabetic possibly the reason for the pressure sore. Anyway, I had to find a way to cut out sugar and the craving for the carbs. I started by slowly diluting Gatorade with water and increasing to the point where it was mostly water. I then changed over to Koolaid flavored with splenda and like it just as well.

I still like Gatorade but have a hard time drinking it full strength now because it tastes so sweet. And I guess it's kind of like what Atkins says, once you get off of the carbs you no longer crave them.