Thread: Orange Juice

Orange Juice

is orange juice good for us to drink being SCI and all?

Josh S.

Only if you add the right amount of vodka.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

OJ seems to make me have to pee a lot more than normal and seems to irritate my bladder so it doesn't hold as much as it would as if i just drank water. Kinda wierd.

In small to moderate quantities it is OK, but it does make your urine more alkaline, which some feel contributes to both UTIs and stones. Although it has a lot of vitamin C (which normally acidifies the urine) it is metabolized and excreted in the urine as a base.

Most juices do this, except for cranberry and plum.

Keep in mind that you can take in a lot of calories with juices too. If you are struggling with weight as many in chairs are, you might want to stick to water.

(KLD)

thanks...

Josh S.

Josh I take "prelief" before I drink orange juice and stuff that irritates your bladder.

I get it fron walgreens and found it on this site when my UTI's kept coming up clean and it helps
    http://www.ic-network.com/
    Matt

NO WAY!

It comes out a base?

I have just had a Mr. Wizard moment.

Ok but not Vit C right?

Joe

Vitamin C is OK. There is something else in OJ that makes it metabolize and come out in the urine as a base.

(KLD)