Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nutritional Needs of SCI

Protein Conversion Factor - The numerical conversion factor for calculating calories from protein. For mixed-ingredient food items, this release of USDA data provided zeros or blanks for this value. CyberSoft used a value of "4.00" to estimate the % Calories from Protein and the Calories from Protein values. (The original zeros and blanks are used, however, when the data is exported.) The protein conversion factor for every nutrient in every USDA food item is available in NutriBase Clinical Nutrition Manager and higher editions.

Fat Conversion Factor - The numerical conversion factor for calculating calories from fat. For mixed-ingredient food items, this release of USDA data provided zeros or blanks for this value. CyberSoft used a value of "9.00" to estimate the % Calories from Fat and the Calories from Fat values. (The original zeros and blanks are used, however, when the data is exported.) The fat conversion factor for every nutrient for every USDA food item is available in NutriBase Clinical Nutrition Manager.

Carbohydrate Conversion Factor - The numerical conversion factor for calculating calories from carbohydrate. For mixed-ingredient food items, this release of USDA data provided zeros or blanks for this value. CyberSoft used a value of "4.00" to estimate the % Calories from Carbohydrate and the Calories from Carbohydrate values. (The original zeros and blanks are used, however, when the data is exported.) The carbohydrate conversion factor for every nutrient in every USDA food item is available in NutriBase Clinical Nutrition Manager.

It takes the most calories (energy) to convert fats to simple sugars (energy) and carhbohydrates the least.

Another way to say it, is you burn more calories converting fats and protien into energy than carbohydrates.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Trying this once more:
    KLD, this was the thread I was trying to reply to. Sorry about jumping threads like that. I don't know what happened. Anyway I was referring to the document you posted in here. When I downloaded it it just opened as a bunch of symbols because my program isn't compatible with Word. Was wondering if someone would be kind enough to convert it to rich text format as it's a universal format. Sorry again for the confusion.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam/Mythbusters

I have the same problem and would love to have this information. Thank you!

I will see if I can post it as a PDF from work later today.

(KLD)

Thanks KLD. Like RoboPixie, I just got a load of symbols when I opened the document in Wordpad.

Here is a PDF:

(KLD)

Thanks KLD!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam/Mythbusters