Thread: Bioengineered beer

Bioengineered beer

Not sure what to think about this.

Cold, frothy glass of bioengineered beer?

Thursday, July 8, 2004 Posted: 3:31 PM EDT (1931 GMT)

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) -- Spurned across the continent by food-fastidious Europeans, the biotechnology industry has turned in its quest for converts to the ultimate ice breaker: genetically modified beer.

A consortium of the world's largest biotech companies led by St. Louis-based Monsanto Co. helped fund a Swedish brewer's new light lager that's produced with the usual hops and barley -- and a touch of genetically engineered corn.

Brew master Kenth Persson hopes to profit from the notoriety his biotech brew is generating, while biotech companies hope it can gently sway consumers as European regulators slowly reopen the continent to genetically altered foods.
    Full story...

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Maybe they can genetically engineer the hangover away when you down too many!?

I'll stick with good old low tech for now.

Oh, thank you

I have plans to go to Sweden for shopping tomorrow, I don't buy with me that beer then.

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69.

Originally posted by woman from Europe:

Oh, thank you

I have plans to go to Sweden for shopping tomorrow, I don't buy with me that beer then.

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69.
    Go ahead and buy one, then let us know how it was.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Thats just wrong.

~Never mistake motion for action~-Ernest Hemmingway