Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greek/Lebaneese Food

Greek/Lebaneese Food

A new Greek/Lebaneese restaurant opened here a few months ago. I kept hearing how good Greek/Lebaneese food was, so we finally went and ate there Thursday.

I didn't think it was all that great. It wasn't grose or anything, but it just wan't all that special. I'll try anything once, so now I can say I've tried it.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Jim I love Lebanese food (Greek too) but for sentimental reasons more than anything. A Lebanese family (the father was the manager of the Evangeline Downs racetrack) lived nextdoor to us. We were convinced they were mafia! I didn't care. As a little girl they were so much more fun than my boring Scottish/Welsh family: all the food, wine, dancing and laughter, card games. Every time I eat kibbes and meat pies, etc. I think about those times.

A Greek/Lebanese restaurant opened up here a year or so ago. Pretty bold move in Cajun country, but people love it. I even went there by myself one Friday night. I loved the music and the belly dancer (to be able to move like that! ). It was cool!

This place only has a belly dancer on weekends, so I didn't get to see that part. Maybe I will go back one more time.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Jim,

I bet you did not know how to order. I will cook some for you sometime and make you change your mind...I grew up on Middle Eastern food,and even our American food was somehow adapted. You need to try again..tell me the choices and I will choose good stuff for you!

Mary

Mary, I'm so glad you spoke up. I wasn't going to speak for you, but now that you have ... just name the time and place!

my bf is a 1/4 lebanese/syrian. he has a hairy back....yup. oh and he makes killer falafels

Theo, do you shave him

I love the 'Mediteranian' food, rocks. It is very light, uses a ton of veggies, oh yea it rocks.

i love greek food, middle eastern, afghanistani....but it completely depends on where you eat.
    if it's good, it's very very good....if it's bad it's rotten.
    try as many different restaurants (or even mail order places) as you can, you will eventually find one that makes your taste buds sit up and smile

One dish I recall my neighbors serving me that I COULD NOT eat looked like raw ground meat with olive oil poured over it. Ugh. I nearly died when I saw that. I just hid most of it under a cabbage leaf.

Originally posted by booster:

Theo, do you shave him

I love the 'Mediteranian' food, rocks. It is very light, uses a ton of veggies, oh yea it rocks.
    He won't let me! such a baby i swear...