Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Whole Foods sells Cafe Du Mond brand coffee and its one of my favorites. We usually have it on weekends. Strong with a hint of chickory.

Originally posted by SoulMate:

Originally posted by martha2:
    Dark roast Community Coffee, baby. Official state coffee of Louisiana. No milk or cream, dash of sugar, strong. Cuisinart coffee pot set to brew at 5 a.m. every day.

Mais, sha' ... c'est la bon vie!
    Exactly the same here! I get 10lbs shipped up every 45 days. There is NOTHING ELSE like Community dark roast!

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities... Brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.
    Soulmate! That is so cool! How did you hear about Community Coffee?

Originally posted by SoulMate:
    Dark roast Community Coffee, baby. Official state coffee of Louisiana. No milk or cream, dash of sugar, strong. Cuisinart coffee pot set to brew at 5 a.m. every day.

Mais, sha' ... c'est la bon vie!
    Exactly the same here! I get 10lbs shipped up every 45 days. There is NOTHING ELSE like Community dark roast!

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities... Brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.
    Soulmate! That is so cool! How did you hear about Community Coffee?
    MY SoulMate turned me onto it over 12 years ago. He was born/bred in Baton Rouge! I remember he came over one day with a freakin old timey percolator pot full of coffee just so I could tatse what Community coffee was all about! It was sooo cute. He jumps out of his car with a percolator(cord hangind down), BARE FEET, T-shirt and jeans,hair down to his ass, and a big ol' grin. My mom was there when he showed up. She just looked at me.... you had to be there but, it was priceless. We met in my home town in Kansas. Now we're clear the hell up here in beautiful Oregon! I remember people thought he was strange 'cause he'd ask them if they wanted some community coffee. They thought he wanted everyone to drink from the same cup! LMAO! 'Kansans!'

Soulmate, that is hilarious! Baton Rouge huh? That's extremely cool. Do either of you make it down here often? Does he miss the food too?

I laughed when you mentioned the perculator. You wouldn't believe the people around here who've ditched their Mr. Coffees to go back to the old time perculators. They swear by it, that it makes better coffee. Hey, in the morning, sure I want it good and strong, but I want it NOW too. Perks take so long!

BTW, my father is from Kansas. I think I know the look you're talking about! LOL

If I could find a perculator with an alarm clock, I would toss Mr. Coffee into the street. But, I want my coffee there, ready, when I stumble half asleep and pissed at my alarm clock, into the kitchen trying not to trip over my overly excited cat. Freakin too many obsticles between me and the coffee!

lilsister,
    I would love to try some of your beans. How can I get some shipped to me? And I also think it has alot to do with the water. I dont care how good the coffee bean is, you cant make descent coffee if you have crap water like we do in Winthrop.

[

Soulmate, that is hilarious! Baton Rouge huh? That's extremely cool. Do either of you make it down here often? Does he miss the food too?

BTW, my father is from Kansas. I think I know the look you're talking about! LOL
    He tries to go 'back home' over the x-mas holiday season. Maybe someday I will make it back there with him. I did go see him once in Baton Rouge before he was injured. We went to New Orleans french qtr and cafe' du monde. Man, the place gets filthy with all that coffee and powedered sugar! I still prefer Community. He definately misses the food. I try but, I have no cajun 'flavor memories' so, I can only follow a recipie. I HATE THAT. When I cook, it's multi-sensory. Does it smell right? Does it look right? So, I will definately have to go back for an 'eating tour' when he is more able to travel, and I am more able to afford it.

Soulmate, you're right about all that powdered sugar, coffee, etc. all over the place but mainly on the floor! So sticky and wet! I recall the wheels of Scott's chair being coated with that gunk, and it got all over his hands. Yuck.

I guess since it's a quasi-outdoor cafe, they just hose it down every now and then ...?

It's still a fun place to go.

However, considering all the other fluids one can walk and roll through in the French Quarter, sugar and coffee ain't that bad!

Originally posted by lilsister:

Yep, we own an espresso shop, and roast our own beans at our new Roastery we just built! The roaster is over a hundred years old and gets fired up almost daily. We have fair trade coffee and many different kinds; Guatamalan is our newest also awaiting a trial of Venezualian brought by a professor here at the University of Tennessee who has a family coffee farm there! Other straight brews include Costa Rican, Columbian, Mexican Organic, French Roast, Ethiopian Yergochef, etc. And the flavored coffees, French Vanilla, Pumkin Spice, Hazelnut, etc. If someone wants to give it a try just email me, I will give more details. We can grind it for you, but it is best ground daily. Keep your coffee in a tightly closed glass container, then it needn't be in the freezer. I would be glad to post pictures of the new roastery if someone will post for me (I'm pretty computer illiterate), they are in our zoombrouzer on my husbands site. We are very proud of our little shop, it has been almost 9 years- which is spectacular for an independently owned small business. Starbucks has tried to take our trade but can't compete with our taste, the students even protested against them when they opened here! Debra
    Debra, do you have a website for you shop? If so, please post it here for us. If not, would you mind giving the name, address, etc. I didn't see an email address in your profile.

Email the pics to me and I'll (actually I'll get Jeff to) post them.