Thread: Coffee

Quick geography lession Marth

Loisiana: lil' Texas
    Oklahoma: North Texas
    Arkansas:East Texas
    New Mexico: west Texas
    Every other state: not good enough for Texas

Man I crack myself up

Before my injury, I had a cup of coffee every morning on my way to work, but it always landed me in the bathroom about an hour later for a healthy BM. Ever since my injury, I've been scared to drink it for that reason. Maybe I'll give it a shot again...I do miss it.

"Another day that I can't find my head...My feet don't look like they're my own...I'll try and find the floor below to stand...I hope I reach it once again" ~Norah Jones

i like Lavazza coffee. it's italian and pretty strong, but i've become accustomed to it. before drinking coffee i drank tea. tea upset my stomach. a girlfriend turned me on to coffee some 14 years ago. took my system a while to adjust, but it did. now, i gotta have my coffee.

BTW, there are Community Coffee addicts all over the world. CC will ship the coffee to you. When we first moved to Atlanta, I'd haul about $100 worth of it back after every visit to Louisiana. It was like gold to us, never shared with our Georgia friends who couldn't appreciate it. (They'd cough and choke, said it was too strong. Wimps. ) Then Kroger started carrying because there were so many Community Coffee drinkers in Atlanta.

So GoFig, you can get it if you want it bad enough. And Booster I'm sure they'll even send some to Texas, the Louisiana-wanna-state.

Yep, we own an espresso shop, and roast our own beans at our new Roastery we just built! The roaster is over a hundred years old and gets fired up almost daily. We have fair trade coffee and many different kinds; Guatamalan is our newest also awaiting a trial of Venezualian brought by a professor here at the University of Tennessee who has a family coffee farm there! Other straight brews include Costa Rican, Columbian, Mexican Organic, French Roast, Ethiopian Yergochef, etc. And the flavored coffees, French Vanilla, Pumkin Spice, Hazelnut, etc. If someone wants to give it a try just email me, I will give more details. We can grind it for you, but it is best ground daily. Keep your coffee in a tightly closed glass container, then it needn't be in the freezer. I would be glad to post pictures of the new roastery if someone will post for me (I'm pretty computer illiterate), they are in our zoombrouzer on my husbands site. We are very proud of our little shop, it has been almost 9 years- which is spectacular for an independently owned small business. Starbucks has tried to take our trade but can't compete with our taste, the students even protested against them when they opened here! Debra

i try and buy my coffee from the local shops, there is a shop in my area that roast their own, its a pretty good size roaster.
    i do French press at home.
    one thing about starbucks that i do appreciate is they have bathrooms.
    i drink it black/no sugar

For all of you 'Ragin Cajuns' - what do you think of 'Cafe Du Mond'? (sp)

Well, Marm, it's one of those places in the New Orleans French Quarter that you MUST experience when you visit there. They're most famous for their Cafe Au Lait (coffee w/milk) and beignets (pronounced "ban-yays" at least by some of us) which are fried pastries with a generous dusting of powdered sugar. Yum.

http://www.cafedumonde.com/

Green Mountain coffee is awesome. Mmmmmmm!

Originally posted by martha2:

Dark roast Community Coffee, baby. Official state coffee of Louisiana. No milk or cream, dash of sugar, strong. Cuisinart coffee pot set to brew at 5 a.m. every day.

Mais, sha' ... c'est la bon vie!
    Exactly the same here! I get 10lbs shipped up every 45 days. There is NOTHING ELSE like Community dark roast!

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities... Brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.