Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Coffee

What type/brand of coffee does everyone drink. As far as US domestic brands, I prefer regular old Foldgers. As far as flavored coffee, love hazelnut. I remember years ago someone brought my mom some hazelnut coffee back from a trip they went on. That was the best stuff I've ever had, but I don't know what brand or where they got it. I've tried some different brands of hazelnut coffee, but none of it was as good as that stuff.

I don't know what most restaurants use, but I just can't make a pot of coffee as good as what you get at a decent restaurant. I like my coffee strong, with just one sugar, but if it's really good coffee, it doesn't need anything at all in it. I can't seem to make any that good though.

And speaking of coffee, I bought my mom a new coffee maker with a timer for her birthday/mothers day along with some fancy coffee from that Gavalia place. She's been using an old Black & Decker coffee maker which I gave to her for her birthday several years ago.

I don't understand her though, she still just uses it to make hot water to mix instant cofee. She says it's quicker, but that's why I got her one with a timer, so she could set it to brew her coffee in the morning. When she makes the coffee it's too weak for me, and she loads her's with a mixture of sweet-n-low and equal and a ton of creamer.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Two shots of Starbuck's espresso over ice. Slam it down like whiskey. They keep telling me I should let them put some syrup in, but that would just be wrong!

Failing that, a cup of their French Roast brewed in a French press. No milk, no "equals", no sugar, no soy . . . just black, rich coffee. Yum.

Hey, I work there, what can I say?

Well - This is not a paid advertisement - but we have a member who owns 'The Golden Roast' in Knoxville; they roast their own in a gorgeous old antique roaster, and it's the best coffee I've EVER had! I'm sure lil sis will check in here, and she can give info on shipping, if anyone's interested.

Millstone coffee is an excelent brand.

When I have the chance we buy flavored coffee from the HEB Central Market here.

If I'm despirate, Foldiers is fine .

Dark roast Community Coffee, baby. Official state coffee of Louisiana. No milk or cream, dash of sugar, strong. Cuisinart coffee pot set to brew at 5 a.m. every day.

Mais, sha' ... c'est la bon vie!

Martha2, I go for the Comunnity Coffee as well, I like the New Orleans Blend with the chicory.
    Just a dab of milk

Yeah, Mike. They can take the boy out of Louisiana, but they can't take Louisiana out of the boy.

I like the New Orleans blend too.

Here's their link:

http://www.communitycoffee.com/

Yea, they import that Community Coffee stuff to stores here from Little Texas (Louisiana) .

It's better than most out there.

Martha2, I think just about everything is better in Louisiana. I lived in New Iberia when I was 14/15. I was just a kid but DAMN that was some of the best times in my life. Back here in OK it just plain ol' folgers for me. Nothing to get excited about.

LOL ... Watch it, Booster. Am I gonna have to set you straight, like I did DA?

GoFig! Quoi ca di, mon amie? I was born in New Iberia because there wasn't even a hospital in Franklin (St. Mary Parish). Yeah, only those of us who've experienced the joie de vie of south Louisiana can appreciate our superiority to the rest of the universe.