Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What's your favorite pizza?

Martha- I'm with ya. I love some BBQ chicken pizza. California Pizza Kitchen makes a great one with purple onions you can get at a grocery store. I have yet to find a pizza place around here that makes a good BBQ chicken pizza. But, I am still looking. I haven't had one with pineapple. But, yuuumm I bet that would be good. I love cooked pineapple.

" The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

edited to add link

[This message was edited by Amanda on 07-17-04 at 01:52 PM.]

The best place for BBQ chicken pizza IS Romano's Macaroni Grill. The best one that I have found yet.

Eric

"Mom and LJ's On the Barbeque Greek Pita Pizza"

Spread cream cheese seasoned with your favorite greek type herbs ie: dill, a little extra virgin olive oil, garlic etc. on a small pita bread. Top with black olives, tomatoes, green peppers, green onion tops, feta cheese .... Place on grill and cook just long enough to heat through ! Serve with an icy cold glass of Jackson Triggs chardonnay ( icy cold juice box for LJ of course) ......... Woah Momma .... life is good

Obieone
    P.S. Forgot to mention ... must add ambience ... smoldering camp fire surrounded by Saskatoon bushes, utterly magnificent trees with a little poison ivy for excitement . muffled voices from other camp sites and a canopy of stars (maybe as many as in Texas even ) ....

Sounds good.

That's one of the many things I love about my place in East Texas, the stars! Drowning out a clear night sky with city lights is one of the things tha tops mmy list of things I hate about Houston.

A Pizza .....? I can not fill in the dots. I think the moderators are on to me

I will revive this old thread because of my disbelief at the boring pizzas you guys seem to like. My favorite pizza is the one my dad makes for me:

Home-made base, with a bottle of beer thrown in to help it rise.
    Special sauce consisting of: tomato paste, chilli sauce, garlic, herbs, pepper.
    Toppings: ham, pepperoni, prawns, mushrooms, capsicums, jalapenos, onion (pickled are best), pineapple, olives, cheese, oregano, a little bit of Tabasco sauce and some more pepper. Absolutely cannot be beaten in my opinion.
    Only problem is it's tough to keep all the topping on the slice :-).

Edit: I forgot tomato as a topping as well

[This message was edited by tank on 08-26-04 at 11:53 AM.]

Tank! Sounds awesome! Yeah, our pizza sounds seriously boring compared to yours. Thanks for sharing your topping ideas, but I demand the recipe for your pizza crust/base.

And what are capsicums?

~ Sign says: "Stay away fools, cuz love rules at the Love Shack" ~ B-52s

Originally posted by martha2:

Tank! Sounds awesome! Yeah, our pizza sounds seriously boring compared to yours. Thanks for sharing your topping ideas, but I demand the recipe for your pizza crust/base.

And what are capsicums?

~ _Sign says: "Stay away fools, cuz love rules at the Love Shack"_ ~ B-52s
    Hello Martha, glad you like the sound of it
    Capsicums are the same as peppers I'm pretty sure.
    As for the recipe for the base, I'm not entirely sure because I haven't made it for years since my accident. I think it is very similar to this recipe:
    http://www.greenchronicle.com/recipes/pizza_base.htm
    Except that you use a little less yeast, and substitute it with a 375 ml bottle of beer. It gives it a very nice flavour.

I live in a small town in New Jersey (The one Springsteen is referring to in "My Hometown"). They seem to have a long tradition of thin crust pizza here. We get it from a place in town that's been there since the 1920's. It's exquisite.
    Hold your noses if you must - I love anchovies!