Thread: portebella mushrooms

portebella mushrooms

while visiting in pittsburgh my s/o's brother made me these awesome portebella mushrooms. they were stuffed and topped with a slice of tomatoe and mozzerella cheese. thought u guys would enjoy

portebella mushrooms caps large
    thin layer of jimmy dean sausage - sage or maple...i had both and both were good
    depending upon the size of tomatoe - thin slice/slices
    mozzerella cheese - so it covers the tomatoe
    oven temp - 350 for 20 minutes

i prefer the cheese to be slightly browned and
    to finish off - parsley is nice

Sounds simple and tasty

-Lewis

My friend's bro is a vegan, so we were playing around with these. Use a good oil, sesame or olive, a good balsamic vinegar, a little tarragon, marinate the portobellos and grill. They were delicious. A tomato slice on top, and some cheese if you're not vegan, it might be the perfect food.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Sounds tasty.

Can I assume that you brown the sausage before you put it on? I'm sure it wouldn't be cooked otherwise.

I wonder how it would be to sautee the mushroom lightly in a little butter or substitute first, also? What the heck, it's already got sausage & cheese :-).

BTW I buy the Kroger brand sage sausage, it tastes like my favorite, Bob Evans, but much cheaper.

hellonwheels...the sausage is cooked when the cheese is browned. remember a very thin layer uncooked...u'll know when it's done. good luck
    stormie
    oh yeah...the sautee suggestion sounds good too.