New Vegetarian Cuisine
    Favorite Brand Name Vegetarian cookbook
    The Vegetarian Epicure

Regular:
    The Four Ingredient cookbook
    The Well-Filled Tortilla
    Regional community/church cookbooks
    Southern Living Cookbooks

And Pat, I have one published in 1935 called The Household Searchlight Recipe Book that has alot of wild game recipes! Like Squirrel Stew, Hassenpfeffer, Quail, Prairie Chicken, Venison, etc. I remember when I had a farm shooting and cooking grouse, very tasty.

Seems like the best recipes are from friends, I like potlucks for the new and different foods that can be brought.

Ohhhh, you had to start this, didn't ya! Which ones of my over 500 now collection should I choose? I have to make notes - get back to you later!

hah, gottcha!

My Mom's. She hand wrote cookbooks for us kids last Christmas with many of her and my grandmother's recipes. My favorite dishes in her handwriting.

You can have all the specialty cookbooks in the world...but NO kitchen is complete without the "big old yellow" Joy of Cooking.

Kap

"It's not easy being green"

steve i am so very jealous of you. that was teh project my mom started for me just before she passed away. unfortunately she only got 6 or so recipes written down in it. but i intend on filling it in very soon.

please, to all the mom's out there.....keep 2 journals...family and personal stories and a family cookbook. i would do ANYTHING to be able to have those.

Ohio - Thanks, you made my day! For Christmas this past year I made family cookbooks for my two daughters. I didn't write out the recipes, but I typed them out, printed one on each page, and then put a family picture on each page, sometimes with a little note, saying who the recipe was originally from, and any memories I had of the times it was served.

I put the pages back to back and then laminated them all. I borrowed a large paper punch, put three holes in them, and tied pretty ribbon through them. I did a different cover for each of the girls, with picture, and dedicated it to them, with love of course. They were thrilled to receive it.

I love your idea of a family journal, with stories. I don't know if I will ever get around to doing it, but it's a great idea!

Thanks,
    Darlene

I don't know why this message doesn't show up, but I found it under my name in my profile. I'll try posting it again.

[This message was edited by Karen'sMom on 02-28-04 at 10:05 PM.]