Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The cat who eats asparagus

The cat who eats asparagus

So - our now 6 month old kitten has eaten everything we've put in front of him - last night it was a piece of roasted asparatus! Earlier 'experiments' reveal he loves potato chips, mashed potatoes, spaghetti sauce - well, I won't go on!

What's the weirdest food your pet has ever eaten?

My dog liked purple grapes, but I was told they were bad for dogs, so I quit feeding them to her.

We had a cat that drank beer when I was a kid.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

I once fed my cat some boudin (boo-dahn), a cajun treat made of rice, ground meat and seasonings in a sausage casing that you squeeze the mixture out of. While the cat gobbled it up, she'd meow between chews because it was so spicy!

Also had a cat that pulled out a partially eaten chicken breast from the garbage can. That day I'd left for work w/o making my bed. That night when I climbed in, my bare feet felt something slimy and cold under the covers at the foot of the bed, and I jumped out screaming. That stupid cat had "buried" that bone, skin and all, under my covers.

Also have a dog who's eaten raw pie crusts, two sticks of butter at one time, and a whole pork roast (but that's not too unusual).

Our cat loves cantalope. He will sit beside the fridge and cry until we give him some.

T12, Oct 2003

My Dalmation eats the tomatoes off the vine, darn it.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

I was a friends house once when we found out that the dog had eaten an entire jumbo tub of margarine. I decided to get out of there before the dog started getting sick because it was going to be pretty messy.

Once our dog was terribly sick and we couldn't figure what he'd eaten. Then we found out that a suet log we had hung up for the birds had blown down and he'd eaten all of it. The problem was that it was late spring by then and the warm temperatures had made the suet quite rotten.

My dog L-O-V-E-S beer. You have to warn people who don't know her to watch their bottle/can. She's sly. She'll swoop in there befor you know what's going on. I hope it's just a rebelious phase!!! The funny thing is...that's the only thing she is that way about. Any other people food/drink she could care less about...Very strange.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

I had a Siamese cat named Luther who loved to pull Scott's Gold Toe socks out of the dirty clothes basket and smash them in his food, apparently "seasoning" it with "sock". He even dragged a knitted afghan, smashed it in his food, and then ate the food along with a little of the afghan.

One night I noticed that Luther was walking a little strangely, kind of waddling. Then I noticed that something was coming out of his butt! I freaked out! I thought his intestines were disintegrating and he was going to die. I became borderline hysterical ... until I noticed the trademark "gold toe" of one of Scott's (missing) Gold Toe socks poking out of his butt. Then I realized what that stupid Luther had one--he'd eaten a whole damn sock, and it had completely passed through his system!

I donned a BM glove and started to pull. Yuck! But that was one HAPPY cat when that sock was out.

Martha - Too funny!

Our dog Gus (Amanda, I think he's a Catahoula - a pound puppy, so don't know for sure) once ate an entire 5 lb bag of red bell peppers I had parked on the counter, to make some roasted red peppers with. Needles to say, our back yard was rather colorful for a few days!

You are not making me want pets.

Mary