Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone here eat less then before there accident?

I have never stopped feeling hunger, which is good because food is a huge enjoyment of mine Anybody that knows me knows that I'm almost always eating and when I'm not you can bet I have food under my chair just waiting to get ate up. I've always been thin, but still nomatter how much I eat I don't put on weight. Faster than fastest metabolism I believe....

I usually eat as little as I can get away with. I don't know if it's the fact that I just don't feel hungry really, or the fact that I can't feed myself and eating is a hassle, or the fact that I can't really burn any calories and am absolutely terrified of getting fat. Either way, I'm constantly fending off requests from my family to try to eat more.
    Kim

I eat less, but I could eat more, as I can't tell if I'm full or not. But for some reason I get tired of eating after a few bites, unless its something I really like!! I can't drink wine, beer or liqueur anymore, not a bad thing, but I have about 200 bottles of library quality wines I have to watch others enjoy. I simply lost all taste for alcohol.

Blog Entries
    I eat less than before, but back then I was a teenager now I'm on Medicare.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

My son, c6/7, does feel hunger. It's not quite the same as before his injury, but definitely feels something. He eats healthy, so he does not eat as much as before: no junk food, no sugar, etc. It took almost 2 years after his injury to get his appetite back. Hope this helps.

I'm a little unique since I was a c7 that regained a lot of ability with mostly hand and tri issues. I still felt hungry but my diet was less and sometimes wouldn't eat until I was ready to pass out. This mostly happened when I was out doing physical activities.
    Now I had another accident (lucky me) and am a T4. I eat maybe one good meal a day with some snacking but I still get hungry. When I was first injured food made me nauseous and I had to force myself to eat "boost". I went from 198lbs to less than 165. Now I'm trying to loose some of this quad belly I have since I never had a belly in my 42 years and I hate it!!!

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    I'm a T12 incomplete and I don't feel hungry anymore. I am about 50 pounds lighter than before SCI. When I eat, I often feel like a little kid who has to eat that last bite and chews and chews and chews cause he can't swallow it.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Lost 30 lbs right after my accident, and haven't gained any of it back in the 7 years since my SCI. I don't always feel hungry, but I do occasionally. Some days I wouldn't of ate all day, and 1 bite of a sandwich is all I can do, other days I could eat till my stomach exploded. Kinda seems to go in a cycle.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

My son is T4 10 years post, he eats much less than he used to.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.