Thread: Easiest pot roast

Easiest pot roast

OK, I admit, I need to go to the grocery store. I was out of potatoes and onions, invented this last night, it was a hit. Prep time 5 minutes!

I used:
    A cheap pork roast
    A bag of peeled baby carrots
    A can of Progresso French Onion soup.

Put roast in a pan with a lid. Dump carrots around roast. Dump soup over all. Cover and cook very slowly over low heat until roast is done and tender.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Sounds easier than my concoction of lipton onion soup mix, a few splashes of soy sauce, worstershire sauce, pepper and water. I'll try it.

Thanks,
    Sue

I have a mad cow (2 for 1) london broil in the slow cooker right now. I put in onions, garlic and today it is Emerils Essence! About two hours before we eat I will load it up with veggies and crank it on high.

Want a good burger? mix in Liptons dry french onion soup to the burger then grill.

T-10 complete
    10/08/01

Put carrots, onions, potatoes, Mrs. Dash, lots of garlic, a can of tomatoes, Worschester sauce, and your roast all in a Crock Pot in the morning. It should be nice 'n tender by dinner time.

Ooh, Theophania...a fellow Minnesotan...land of hot dishes and crock pots! lol.

Regards,
    Sue

Originally posted by csmaus1:

Regards,
    Sue
    you betcha!

Originally posted by csmaus1:

Regards,
    Sue
    Oh, yeah. And as a former Minnesotan, I have to add, BARS!
    Not the kind where you order a drink either, but dessert that comes in a 9 x 11 pan. Peanut butter bars, lemon bars, and my aunt's personal favorite, something she calls "The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford Bars".

Originally posted by kate:

Oh, yeah. And as a former Minnesotan, I have to add, BARS!
    Not the kind where you order a drink either, but dessert that comes in a 9 x 11 pan. Peanut butter bars, lemon bars, and my aunt's personal favorite, something she calls "The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford Bars".
    I LOVE lemon bars!!! What are the redford bars like? I'm dying to know

Hey Pat
    love the lipton burgers, but cant have a lot of salt. Try mincing fresh onion in a food processor and blend in the meat, then take a pat of butter n build the pattie around it so its in the center, Fry or grill. Very moist and tasty. Gives it that sauteed onion effect.

uummmm, when this snow melts, gonna look for the barbie.
    DIGG.