Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: last night I had Elk, Squirrel, and Venison

Thank you Pat and Lindox for answering about the rabies! Much appreciated!

Pat, what is a chestnut burger? Is it really made with chestnuts? Is there any meat in it? Thank you.

it has a chestnut center. It is like a venison meatball wrapped around a chestnut. I will see if I can get the recipe.

T-10 complete
    10/08/01

Population of wild animals wouldn't require so much control.... IF there wasn't so much usurping of land and habitat.. Ironic huh... population control due to calulated manipulation of population and land. Much of it due to human irresponsibilty and recklessness.

Im not against hunting, per se, but when people argue that WE need to hunt to control population, it seems a very deflective and self serving remark.

I have more regard/respect for those who can at least admit that they hunt because they enjoy the kill and prefer to eat wild game.

Originally posted by Pat(wheelinarcher):

it has a chestnut center. It is like a venison meatball wrapped around a chestnut. I will see if I can get the recipe.
    Thank you Pat! I was hoping it was some sort of "woodsman's vegie burger"! I'd still like to have the recipe though because my omnivorous spouse will like it and another member on this site who seems to think our house is a restaraunt! but I won't name names...(covers mouth and coughs out..hmmhmm...blundy...hmm..hmm...no, no, I didn't say anything, I just have a cold! )