Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite Candy?

I can only agree with woman from europe.. Salt liquerice og salmiak liquerice, is the best of all..
    Here is my own favourite.. The salty heering from Katjes..
    http://www.katjes.de/english/produkt...kritz_sahe.htm

Anton Berg makes wonderfull chocolate, but it often contains to little cocoa.But they do make good chocolate liquer bottles with different forms of liquer in to suit almost any taste.

Mmm, i need chocolate now :-)

I think Kate means "candy corn". The ammonia salt licorice is not availabe in the US, I don't think. My Swedish sister-in-law used to have her mother mail it to her. She never had to worry about me swiping her candy.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Sponge candy, from Buffalo, NY.

Truffles - I'm biased, my own are better than any others I've tasted!

Peanut butter cups.

Chocolate pralines.

Turtles - chocolate, caramel and pecans - doesn't get any better than that!

Oh, and hubbie would put in the fudge from the back of the Kraft marshmallow creme jar!!!

Originally posted by Marmalady:

Oh, and hubbie would put in the fudge from the back of the Kraft marshmallow creme jar!!!
    I gotta second that! Been eating it for years... yum!

-Steven

Marm, would you please post your recipe for h-h-h-hom-m-m-me-m-m-made t-t-trruf-f-fles-s-s? OMG! Yes! Yes! YESSSSS!!!!

Only 'cause it's Valentine's day, Martha! Here ya go! Try to share, okay?

BLACK TIE TRUFFLES

16 oz. of your very best bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
    ¾ cup heavy cream
    ½ cup crème fraiche (or use same amount of well drained sour cream)
    2T. unsalted soft butter

Heat the cream to a simmer; remove from heat and pour over chocolate; allow to sit til chocolate is melted (you may have to nuke it a little also). Gently stir the chocolate and cream, mixing only enough to smooth the mixture. Add the butter and crème fraiche, and stir only enough to incorporate. Divide mixture into three bowls, and add the following flavorings:

Espresso-Rum: Microwave 2 tsp. espresso powder in 1T cream and stir to combine well. USE 2 tsp. of this mixture. 1T dark rum. Mix together in one of the three bowls. For covering, use cocoa powder.

Hazelnut - Add 1 1/2T frangelica to one of the bowls. For topping, roll in toasted chopped hazelnuts.

Cognac - Add 2T cognac, or brandy, and 1 tsp. almond extract to one of the bowls. For topping, use toasted finely chopped almonds.

Allow the mixtures to cool to room temp. Using a spoon, scoop out small balls of mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet - be sure to label on the parchment which flavors you're working with!!!! Place in fridge to set up for about 30 minutes.

Roll each ball into its topping, and refrigerate til ready to serve. About 30 minutes before serving, remove from fridge.

Bon appetit!

Marm, thanks so much for this recipe and the one for Russian Tea.

Now, off to the store! Oh, it's going to be a FUN weekend!

WFE, my brother-in-law returned from Oslo yesterday, and he (adorabled, wonderful, kind man that he is) brought me a box of Neuhaus chocolates and a Zantedeschia bulb in a Delft (copy) bowl. I hope my sister appreciates this guy!

I managed to make it all the way back from Houston without opening the box, but now that I'm home .... YYYUUUMMM!!!

You are lucky

Why did he go home yesterday? Tomorrow is May 17, our national day. Very patriotic day for us, with children parade and the King and Queen at the Palace and a lot of beerdrinking for the ones without children. Like me Party, party. They have promised us sunshine and 20 C.

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69. I am still a walker but I do not know for how long time.

WFE, as much as I would like to believe he sacrificed Norway's National Day because he knew he'd just have 24 hours to spend with ME, I suspect it had more to do with missing my sister.

Actually, she was there last year for National Day. Said it sounded like a lot of fun. She had to work. Her partner there was Norwegian, and he told her that, since she was an American, she had to work while he partied! I'm sure you can imagine what she thought about that!

However, she was quick to add that none of the other Norwegians she works with there are like that. They all thought this guy was an idiot.

Sounds like it's going to be a great day! Have fun!