Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RESTAURANT REVIEWS

RESTAURANT REVIEWS

What's your favorite restaurant? What's the food like? Service - Do you get good treatment from the wait staff, especially after they've gotten to know your needs?

Is it accessible? Does the staff accommodate space issues for your chair?

i love longhorn steak house. but....... teh tabless are low and i doubt many chairs can fit under them. the wait crew is awesome though! and the food is wonderful! mmmmm....now i want longhorn.

Check out Wired on Wheels, a not-for-profit online organization dedicated to rating restaurants nationwide for accessibility. www.wiredonwheels.com
    The website has printable rating forms and clear instructions on how to rate an establishment for parking, maneuverability, bathroom access, etc. Any user may post a rating for a restaurant. This site will be very handy for travelers hoping to get a hassle-free bite to eat anywhere in the United States.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Thanks Bethany! That could prove to be a very valuable site.

I went to a "Red Robin" the other day. By the time we got to the door they had a table setup for us and people at both doors to welcome us all. Food was ok for a sports bar. The Coors was nice and icey!

T-10 complete
    10/08/01
    ,-._,-.
    \/)"(\/
    (_o_)

favorite chain: Macaroni Grill.

I gave up on the whole "making sure restaurants are accessible" bit a while ago. If I can get in the door & there're no barriers to the tables, I just go. If I end up somewhere I can't get into, I turn around & head somplace else (of course this differs if dinner somewhere is planned in advance -- dates, groups, etc). Easy. I've never had issues w/ disability discrimination... any place around here gladly moves a chair, etc to accomodate. You just gotta smile, be assertive, & don't assume they know exactly what to do.

I like a lot of hole-in-the-wall type restaurants... local stuff, whether microbreweries, cafes, etc etc. Those are probably my favs b/c of the small-town atmosphere.

Scott--Cracker Barrel....yummmmm

My favorite place is a local BBQ place called Goldies. They've been here since before I was born, so I'm sure their building is ADA exempt. They don't have HC spots, but I've never had a problem getting in.

I usually get the mixed plate with sliced pork and sausage, with baked beans and tater salad as sides. They have the best sweat tea and garlic bread in the world.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Chicago has so many good restaurants. For special occasions Charlie Trotter's in Chicago is amazing. For more casual dining I like going to Vietnamese town or Kamehachi for sushi.

Originally posted by scott (jmu):

favorite chain: http://www.macaronigrill.com/.
    Scott, that's my favorite restaurant! YUMMY!! I always get the great your own: bowtie pasta, mushrooms, black olives, spinach, garlic, in a tomato cream sauce. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

And their bread ROCKS!

SteveG, ever watch "Check Please" on PBS? Good reviews from Chicagoans.