Thread: Anyone out there eating steak?

Anyone out there eating steak?

Damn ... I know I am ... I mean we are. Geeez at these prices I can't afford to eat anything else. I'm discovering that the normally hugely expensive cuts like Porterhouse are tender .... sure .... but not as tasty if you ask me. I like a good old grisely steak with some fat on it for taste. LOL. Sure is nice to have a try at the others, though. All courtesy of Mad Cow disease making it over the border. Oh well.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

i eat steak every chance i get.

Lol...I had a Queen Cut prime rib, medium rare the DAY after the announcement came in.

I figured if it happened, it happened. Sides, I'm not into hamburger. It's A LOT harder to get it from unground stuff...and if my number is up, it's up.

Find a farmer that will sell you a fat calf go in half with someone... it will cost you at the time but you will know where your meat comes from and you pay the same price for the steak as you do the hamburger That is what we do!!!

I eat steak a couple times a week, I don't think its any more expensive than eating anything else at a resturant........it seems like the bill is always between 40 and 50 bucks for two people no matter what you eat.

I bought a side of beef a few years ago and it sucked.......no steak tastes better than one from a good steak house or a black angus steak from the store

Jack

We've been eating beef 3 or 4 times a week since May when the Mad Cow was found here in Canada. At .68/pound for ground beef (back in the summer-we stocked up!) how could we not? And the Canadian Mad Cow never made it into the food system so I'm not too worried.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

I'm moving this thread to the Food Forum.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

Jeff - you're seeing beef prices going down? They're increasing here!

Eating steak and loving it!

-Lewis