Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DA: Beaumont BBQ?

Next time in Houston, check out Goode Co. Barbeque. You won't be disappointed. Be sure to save room for a piece of Brazos Bottom Pecan Pie.

Originally posted by Wise Young:

Harlan's Barbecue in the Houston Intercontinental Airport.
    how do they cook bbq in an airport? where is the pit? does ashcroft know about this?

Harlon's is like the MP of BBQ. They have a nice storefront and the sign outside says BBQ, but nobody really knows what they're cooking in there.

Originally posted by martha2:

Thanks glomae. I've been thinking about taking the children to San Antonio this spring ... do the whole River Walk thing, etc.

What's the name of the restaurant?
    martha it's CITY MARKET it's one of those GUNSMOKE looking towns and the BBQ place sits right there in the square of town. they have the pit pits in back of the market and you go back there and they serve you by the pound and you can come up front and eat either on a plate or good ole freezer paper . and the riverwalk is a cool place also.

City Market in Luling and Cooper's in Llano are my designated BBQ stops when traveling around central Texas. Both are legendary for their BBQ, and neither has ever disappointed.

There's a Luling City Market in Houston too (been there since the early 80's). I Don't know if the two are related, but I suspect they are.

a few weeks ago i marinated ribs in brown beer for 48 hours then smoked those ribs in mesquite wood....goooooooood as mofo.

I'm so excited about all these recommendations. City Market definitely sounds like a winner.

DA, marinated for 48 hours? in dark beer? then mesquite smoked? Forget any restaurants in Beaumont! I'm going to your house!

LOL @ Ashcroft and Houston Intercontinential.

BTW, you STILL have not given me the name of the place in the rough area. Pleeeezzzzz ... that's where I want to go!

Minor detail: It's George Bush Intercontinental Airport (since 1997).

Actually I started to type that instead of "Houston" but changed my mind. Knowing DA, even a simple thread about BBQ could get turned into a flaming political discussion with the slightest provocation.

liberals know nothing about good bbq. liberals bbq is cooked with veggie meat and cooked in the oven to avoid smoking up the air.