Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McDonalds french fries

Originally posted by LindsayS:

Originally posted by ChrisD:
    jimnms, agreed. I love Frosty's!
    Ever tried dipping your French fries in your Frosty? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Only on special occasions

-Lewis

Marcomo,

Thanks a lot. Now I'll never be able to enjoy a Frosty again!

MZ

Petroleum products?

Say it ain't so Marcomo..
    Well, maybe this is just an attempt at someone copying the recipe but it goes like this:
    1 cup milk, 1/2 cup Nestles quick, and 3 cups softened ice cream blended.

Wendy's Frosty mix

Milk, Sugar, Cream, Corn Syrup Solids, Whey, Non-fat Milk Solids, Cocoa, Dextrose, Guar Gum and Cellulose Gum (thickeners), Mono and Diglycerides (emulsifiers), Carrageenan (thickener), Calcium Sulfate, Disodium Phosphate (emulsifier), Artificial and Natural Flavors. Mobile 10w40.

About the Frosties ... I remember everyone's horror when the managers told us that the mix for the Frosties was "petroleum based"--whatever that means! (shudder) Anyway, it didn't keep us from eating them all the time. In fact a lot of us joked that we were supporting our local oil industry by doing so.

About Wendy's chili ... I thought it was pretty smart. Whatever patties weren't sold (or eaten by employees) were set aside for chili. They wanted customers to always have "hot and JUICY" burgers, not tepid and dry. I still eat their chili ... sometimes with a Frosty!

Thanks for all your input.

Yeahhhh,,,,just about all the fast food is garbage. And yes, i try to eat as nutritionaly as possible, but i do like fast/junk food once in awhile as a treat. At the top of my list are ''mc'd's'' fries,,,they better be hot, or else,,,,lol.

yup :lick:

this is yummy!!

Originally posted by LindsayS:

Ever tried dipping your French fries in your Frosty? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    ~*~*~Priscilla Katheryn
    Dec. 7, 2002 I become Mrs. Hedlin!!!

Marcomo,

Actually using 'leftovers' is quite a common practice for all restaurants, not just fast-food places. Like - well, I won't go there!

Seriously, tho, most restaurants do use up what they have on hand to make a special, or use it in soup, etc. Common practice.

Ok, this is about ugly food an aditives.. lets hear the worst people ate today (or this week if it is really bad :-))

This evening i was eating some potatochips, and i did what i have allways learned not to do.. Took the bag with me and ate from it.. So.. After a while, i read on the back of it, what these "potato" chips where made of..
    Here it goes...
    54% potatoes, some oil (no percentage mentioned), and 13% different spices and spicepowders ... that is about it all.. hmm, that makes hmm..hmmm...hmmmmm.... A bag of 54% potatoes and about 33% oil.. A wonder those chips are not swimming around down there... I think i should stop eating now :-)

Have you ever run across those bags of frozen chicken breasts in the freezer section of the grocery store and read the ingredients? It says something like contains 15% of a "solution." That's why I buy meat from the delli, I have no idea what that "solution" is.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.