Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McDonalds french fries

I did a window replacement job at the Pennsylvania State Fire Academy. At the time they had a fire marshal class going on. They would set up an office and home scenerios in their burn building, set them on fire, then let the marshals figure them out. One accelerant they used was potatoe chips! WOW are those babies flamable! They lit one and vwoooooommm the room was ablaze.

Jim - Um - Hate to pop your bubble, but most of those deli meats have all sorts of preservatives and flavor enhancers; unless you get the 'natural turkey breast' or roast beef, you're buying a lot of x-tra. Sowwy!

The 'solution' in the frozen chicken breasts is usually a combo of water, salt, and maybe a seasoning or preservative. Same thing that's in the Thanksgiving turkeys.

Transfat,

It is the stuff that may be the worst kind there is. The FDA this year said that this must be applied to the nutritional labels. Chicken, crackers, and popcorn maybe some of the items with this transfat. I think this may be some kind of manmade thing. For people with heart and artery problems this may be a big problem. It could be that solution ingredient on Jimmn's chicken breast label. Anyone seen this labeled on anything yet.

David

Why worry? With the pollutants in the air, water, and the food, we have who knows what chemicals in our bodies. In modern society, it's unavoidable.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Ahaa, yet another fine reason why people should not smoke in restaurants :-) - perhaps they should write a warning on the bags, before somebody accidentially burns their dog with them and claims a million dollars :-)

Originally posted by Pat(wheelinarcher):

I did a window replacement job at the Pennsylvania State Fire Academy. At the time they had a fire marshal class going on. They would set up an office and home scenerios in their burn building, set them on fire, then let the marshals figure them out. One accelerant they used was potatoe chips! WOW are those babies flamable! They lit one and vwoooooommm the room was ablaze.

Vic, you mentioned what we'd eaten today. I'm ashamed to say that, in the middle of this discussion, I consumed a Little Debbie Christmas tree cake at work. I have a theory about Little Debbie snack products. I think they were ALL baked and packaged in 1936. (You've noticed Little Debbie looks Shirley Templesque?) Then they've been stored in the Louisiana salt domes where our alleged oil reserves are being held. No oil there folks, just Little Debbie snack cakes that our great, great grandchildren will be eating.

[This message was edited by Marcomo on 12-30-03 at 11:52 PM.]

all my meat comes from the Amish place down the road. Whats on my table was in the field yesterday. No hormones, no preservatives, never frozen. Just alfalfa and corn fodder.