Thread: Nutritional and weight management software:BalanceLog

Nutritional and weight management software:BalanceLog

I recently saw this software package being touted on the local news and decided to try it out. The software is calledBalanceLog. I have had several doctors to tell me to keep a diary of everything I eat it every day, but most of the time it is just too hard to find all the nutritional information for all the different foods, especially when you eat out a lot. I have had the software for about eight weeks and it is easy to use, and has most of the foods and their nutritional information already built in. It has most all of the fast food chains MacDonald's, Wendy's, Subway, etc. and most of their foods so you can just pick from the list. It will compare to most of the popular diets as well and show where you need to focus attention. It costs $49 for the software, but has been well worth that to me just to see daily calories, protein, and fiber intake. I have lost 8 lbs. in six weeks, so not a lot but it is a start.

I just quickly looked at the BalanceLog info on their website. The Diet & Exercise Assistant at www.keyoe.com does not have all the bells and whistles as BalanceLog but it is pretty good and a little cheaper if that is an issue. They have a desktop version and a handheld version. If you have both, they can sync up.

bump ...

~ "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." ~ Ambrose Redmoon