Thread: Eating and cooking

Eating and cooking

What do you guys all do? I never eat enough or very well because it is so difficult and hard to cook a proper meal. I don't want to buy frozen stuff because so much of its processed food which I ry not to eat. Any suggestions?

Find a boyfriend that likes to cook, lol.

Cowboy has the right idea

At one time in my life I ate a big meal at the cafeteria at work and munched on veggies and cheese at home in the evenings. When I had other jobs I ate a big fastfood lunch instead. This past year I started cooking a lot more. Then my wife arrived. Now I'm too lazy to go to the refrgerator for myself, lol. Good thing my wife makes up for it by requesting I bring her a drink five times per day. I also give her long footrubs to help compensate for the way she does all the cooking and brings me food.

So, marrying a chef would definitely have its advantages...

Until then you can eat healthy without really cooking. Sandwiches, raw veggies with dip, fruit, cheese - all very easy to prepare and eat.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

I highly recommend getting an indoor grilling machine. You know, like those george forman ones... I have another brand which is much nicer and I love it. It's perfect for cooking for one, it's fast (good thing too, because I'm one of those that don't think to eat till I'm hungry). It really has improved my eating habits. I can throw a frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breast or pork chop on there and be eating it 15-17 minutes later. I but the meat when it's on sale and then rewrap it and freeze it so that I have it when I want it. I like choice and I can't get to the store very often. I also buy those salads in a bag, much easier than making a salad for one, and I eat frozen vegies and fresh fruit. I tend to eat on average 2 meals a day with carrots and such here and there during the day. I won't say I'm perfect, I do junk it somedays. Keep in mind though, as active as you are Emi, that if you don't eat enough you can throw your body into a starvation mode and that will make weight management harder. Just some ideas.

One day at a time...