Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRA or ZRC?

TiLite ZRA or ZRC?

For the tilite users out there, or anyone who has a chair with the v shaped front, just wanted to know how your experience has been with that feature.

I've never used a tapered front or narrower footplate or whatever its called, so I wanted to ask if it interferes with transfers at all, is it harder moving your legs with the taper? I've always had the standard frame but I cant try out a tapered front, no demo chair here, so I can continue with what I'm used to which is wide front or take a chance with the taper which looks more manoeverable.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks

--
    How do you like them apples?

I dont have a TiLite,but ive got a Topend ti with the tapered front and i would have to say ''no'' in answer to your questions.My front end is an inch narrower than my seat width and when your out an about that inch of width out of the front can be really handy..

~~I went to heaven,but couldnt get in for what i had done.I said ''please take me'',they said your crazy,you had to much fun~~

Phil
    I have a TiLite and a power chair i use my Ti most of the time. once you get use to it is easier to manuever in tight places transfers are easier just diffrent i just put my feet on the floor and transfer.resturants are trickier because of the table legs but i manage. i am a quad and it works well for me.

Originally posted by Shaun:

I dont have a TiLite,but ive got a Topend ti with the tapered front and i would have to say ''no'' in answer to your questions.My front end is an inch narrower than my seat width and when your out an about that inch of width out of the front can be really handy..

~~I went to heaven,but couldnt get in for what i had done.I said ''please take me'',they said your crazy,you had to much fun~~
    I was wondering the same thing before I got my ZRA but after getting the chair I found out that transfers are really no more different than with the regular chair I had.

Jack

"Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

Thanks for all the replies

Shaun, I can take a look at your transfer video to gt an idea how it affects you, thnx mate.

Originally posted by c6;c7;:

I have a TiLite and a power chair i use my Ti most of the time. once you get use to it is easier to manuever in tight places transfers are easier just diffrent i just put my feet on the floor and transfer.resturants are trickier because of the table legs but i manage. i am a quad and it works well for me.
    c6;c7; - How much is your taper, can you remember when you ordered your char what the front measurement was?

Thanks again
    Phil.

--
    How do you like them apples?

Phil
    I`m not sure how much taper it is maybe 2" my PT ordered my chair when i was in rehab 2 years ago.

Originally posted by jack9166:

I was wondering the same thing before I got my ZRA but after getting the chair I found out that transfers are really no more different than with the regular chair I had.
    What do think of all the adjustability on it?..I think im givin up my rigid and going to the ZRA also.It sure looks like you can make that thing comfy..

What do think of all the adjustability on it?..I think im givin up my rigid and going to the ZRA also.It sure looks like you can make that thing comfy..
    It kinda fits like a glove, I did have it adjusted to get more dump and it now seems perfect.

Jack

"Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

I know the dump is adjustable on the ZRA,what about the back angle?...and what purpose do adjustable front caster angles serve..Thanks

I know the dump is adjustable on the ZRA,what about the back angle?...and what purpose do adjustable front caster angles serve..Thanks
    If you adjust the dump, you have to adjust the casters so they are at the right angle or it makes it hard to turn or go in a straight line.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.