Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spinergy wheels

Josh,

I've been running 25" Spinergy's on my everyday chair, an A6, for the past 4yrs and they are awesome!! They're lightweight, look cool and in 4 yrs the only maintenance I've done is replace the bearings and solid tires.

I also have an A4 equipped with Xcore and they suck. In a 3 yr time I cracked two wheels. They also wobble and creak.

IMO, Spinergy hands down...

wild as a river...

ive got 24 inch wheels right now, should i go to 25 inch spinery's or stay with 24?

Josh S.

what color does everyone have?

Josh S.

I've got blue 25" Spinergies on my ZRA

I think mine are 25", I have th Everyday type with yellow spokes.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

I need advice here people!

I have 24" Spinergy wheels on my Top End Terminator Titanium. I have had the chair for over a month now. Last Saturday I was getting ready for a wedding and one of the tires popped. Actually, I heard a loud rush of wind. At first I thought it may have come from me but upon further investigation I realized that wasn't the case.

I ordered a new tube for the wheel and put it on. After airing it up I put the wheel back on my chair only to find that during the period of the first blow out and the repair the OTHER tire had popped. Unfortunately, I had ordered only one tube and am waiting for the others to get here. I am in my old chair in the meantime. But the story does not stop there. I was just now about to crawl into bed and NOW the tire I just put the new tube on has popped. That's 3 popped tires within a week. All these so called blow outs happened while sitting idle. Any suggestions?

I know I'm not over inflating the tires. I have a tire pressure gauge on my pump. Furthermore, I also check it with a digital tire pressure gauge after airing up to be double sure.

They are 100 psi tires.

Also, it was a PAIN in the arse getting the tires off. Did you experience this the first time you changed your tubes?

-ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete

Visit me at Kev's Korner and sign my Guest Book.

[This message was edited by ResonantEcho on 08-29-04 at 04:27 AM.]

I have black 26 inchers. No idea if they are everyday or sport though. If you are going to swap different sizes of wheels on the same chair you may run into caster angle issues. What difference this will make is beyond me, but common wisdom says you want the caster barrel angle to be 90 degrees from the floor. Is your chair 'adjustable'? One more thing, I believe if you get the 25 inch wheels, you open the door to much more tire possiblities as this is a standard bicycle size wheel (wheelchair and bicycle sizes are different apparently)

Originally posted by ResonantEcho:

I need advice here people!
    Do you have a cat? That is bizarre, I would say bad tubes, but if you replaced one and that popped also, I dunno. Maybe you have a burr or something sticking out of the wheels or tires causing this?

Stevens,
    A larger dynamiter wheel will take less effort to keep your chair in motion. Think about how much work it would take to push your chair with 5" wheels . So in this respect 26" is better. As mentioned before though a 25" is more popular so you will find a larger array of tires, including solids.

IMO get the 25".

Mine are black...

wild as a river...

ResonantEcho,
    Sounds like you have something protruding through the tire and puncturing the tubes. Run your fingers inside the tire and thoroughly check for something prickly. Also make sure you don't pinch the tube during installation.

Look into getting solids and throw those pneumatic tires out the window.

wild as a river...