Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spinergy wheels

Spinergy wheels

Wow. These are really light and also look a lot cooler than traditional spoked wheels. I used to like mag wheels for the look. But they add a lot of weight. Check these out. I've never gotten excited about wheels before but these are awesome.

http://www.spinergy.com/wheelchair.htm

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Those are the same wheels that I have on my chair and its makes the chair a lot easier to push. Plus they come in different colors if you want them. They are kinda on the exspensive side though.

JJ

Jeff...

I have these on my chair (tilite zra)and they were a great investment. It's ridiculous how lightweight they are and the spokes are carbon fiber...hard to destruct or bend. All around a great investment.

"Why am I a Democrat?...Because nobody ever wanted a piece of elephant." ~Seen on a button at a recent Kerry/Edwards Rally

Yep, they are good wheels. I like them because there are less spokes than regular wheels, making the wheel easier to grab onto when taking the chair apart, etc. Less jamming your fingers into the spokes.

I have Spinergy wheels also. My therapist reccommended them because they are lightweight. I think they look better than plain old metal spoke wheels too.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Yep, I've got 'em too.

Great wheels.

Here is my new chair I purchasd about 2 month's ago. The wheels are made by a company called Glance Wheels. They are 2 piece polished billet aluminum. As are the side guards.
    I have the spingery wheels on another chair. I like these for the style and they aren't much heavier than the spingery wheel. Much more expensive though. The chair is made by Colours and weighs about 25 lbs.

Sorry the pic. is so big. I'm not sure on how to down size it. So if someone could for me. Thanks Ed

[This message was edited by Jeff Weeks on 08-05-04 at 03:47 PM.]

I'm going to get the spinergy wheels on my new chair. There probably isn't any difference on tire pressure, but thought I'd ask what pressure others have and how often they pump them up. Mike

T12 Incomplete - Walking with Walker, Oct 2003

90 pounds in mine.
    the only thing i dont like about the spinergy wheels is that i cant have solid inserts, i hate air...always have to add more , plus about a month ago i got 3 flats in one week....what a pita

Ed, cool wheels! Never thought that they made wheels like that for a chair. Now all you need is a "type R" sticker..... just kidding

Mike, I have those 100 psi Primo tires, I fill them to 110 lbs, in a week or two they leak down to around 70 lbs where I fill them again. I wish someone made a quality inner tube instead of the made in China variety that seems so prevalent.