Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chat site

chat site

Morning Jeff.

We can't get into our Chat Room for our daily
    "Hen Party". Help
    Marsh

Missing morning coffe with you and anty, hope chat is fixed soon!!

Hmmm..... it might have been a leftover problem from a power outage that reset thee clock on our server. This affects lots of different systems. I was just able to get in. Hope everyone else can chat now.

It's 8am EDT on Thursday, I still can't get in. When I click the "GO" button, my screen blinks once and then nothing... Still on the same page.

At 9:00AM EDT I'm in chat. I don't know what would cause the symptoms people are having. It's good to try different browsers, try deleting cache and cookies, etc. Some people have to putz around to get in the chatroom nearly every time. There has been widespread quirkiness since we "upgraded." The upgrade was a completely new code base and was not as mature or as well-debugged as the old version. We're really sorry about this. A security upgrade forced us to move to the newer version.

The good news is that we're testing a new integrated chat to use with our new forums. There will be one click access to the chatroom for those who are logged into the forums.

Just an update, but still no go for me at 9:30. I can see that others are in the room, but I can't join them.

Well, at least I now know it's not me. I'll try later.

Rick

Its 9:40am and I had no problem getting into chat this morning. I had to register again but that was it.

JJ

I am having the same symptoms as Anty. I click to enter and it blinks once but nothing else happens. ???

John

"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

We gotta have someone who is having problems to try deleting their cached pages and phpopenchat cookies. These are what affect logging into chat.

I can't duplicate this problem on any of my computers so it's hard to solve.

Several chatters report retaining the ability to log in as a guest when they cannot login as themselves.