Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ouch!!!

ouch!!!

here is a serious question, I just got home from the hospital last night and found out my boat was under water so I was out at the lake this morning with the come along lifting the boat out I know it is to soon to be doing these kind of things but it had to be done and I was carefull about how much I did and how I did it, I hurt but not as bad as just a few minutes ago when I started sneezing... how do I know if I rip the stiches out. wait for it to start bleeding through the bandage? I was told not to pull the dressing till tomorrow..but it has a burning/stinging sensation..buy the way it is a baclofen pump that I got put in so you can emagine my concern..thanks for any info..darrel

Quote Originally Posted by darrel
    here is a serious question, I just got home from the hospital last night and found out my boat was under water so I was out at the lake this morning with the come along lifting the boat out I know it is to soon to be doing these kind of things but it had to be done and I was carefull about how much I did and how I did it, I hurt but not as bad as just a few minutes ago when I started sneezing... how do I know if I rip the stiches out. wait for it to start bleeding through the bandage? I was told not to pull the dressing till tomorrow..but it has a burning/stinging sensation..buy the way it is a baclofen pump that I got put in so you can emagine my concern..thanks for any info..darrel
    Sorry to hear about the boat Sucks... Boats are awesome. If you pull the dressing, it will pull on the skin, I'm assuming. And that would pull on the stitches, and if you did mess them up, that could mess them up more. I've done that before. I'd just take it easy and wait until tomorrow, but that's just me. Sorry I can't be of more help

definitely shouldn't be straining after surgery. I'D be worried. ya got a catheter going into your spinal cord that don't need to be strained either.

I assume you were told, but you also have to be careful about twisting post op, due to the catheter running from the pump to your spine. Hope everything is ok!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

it doesn't hurt that bad now but I haven't sneezed since earlier to day, linda did most of the work, I'm just going to sell the boat, it is just to much trouble any morenow that I am relaxing I am feeling better..

Rest and avoid any straining, twisting or lifting until cleared by your physician. You risk not only rupturing the suture line but displacing the catheter at this point. No boat is worth that.

(KLD)

yes mother, I have done desided to take it easy after this morning. I can hardly walk right now. and trying to blow my nose is a lot of pain to. I have all sorts of vicodin but I rather not take them they constapate me
    Last edited by darrel; 11-01-2007 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darrel
    yes mother
    least ya recognize "mother KLD".

Smile

You new that was coming Darrel.....roflmao
    Art

yo darnel i hope you feel better.
    Daniel