Thread: Chat problems??

Chat problems??

I just tried to sign in to chat, I see there are a number of others showing as signed in, but I got the following message when I tried to go to the page. Any ideas of what's wrong? Thanks

XML Parsing Error: mismatched tag. Expected: </tr>. Location: http://carecure.rutgers.edu/chat3/index.php Line Number 150, Column 38:<td colspan="2"></td> </tbody> -------------------------------------^

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Wing, are there any spaces in your chat username? I sometimes get that, too, however, even with no spaces. I'm not sure why. Can you try a different browser? That might help. Also, there might be a browser setting allowing you to ignore that error.

I'l try to recreate the problem so I can report it and/or find a fix. Up until now I've just been switching browsers when that happens.

XML Parsing Error: mismatched tag. Expected: < /tr >. Location: http ://carecure.rutgers.edu/chat3/index.php Line Number 150, Column 38:< td colspan="2">< /td > </ tbody > -------------------------------------^

I'm actually getting this error right now using Mozilla.
    I get the error with Mozilla, too. But not with IE. I know I have successfully used Mozilla/Firefox in the past. This is strange.

[This message was edited by Jeff Weeks on 04-29-05 at 01:01 PM.]

It just has to be putzed with, sometimes. I removed index.php from the link and just let it default to index.php and it started working fine after that. So, I made that change to the link at the top of the forum. Be amazing if that error goes away completely. I doubt it. But stranger things have happened.

I get that error all the time. I just keep trying and I get through eventually.

Babies, before we're done here, y'all be wearin' gold plated diapers!

Thank you so much for your persistance Jeff. Yes, I was using Firefox when I got that message. I'm using a MAC. I eventually was able to get in after I posted the question. Thanks again for your help. If I get it in the future, I will keep being persistant.

'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

help, i'm having probs too. last night i was on a pc and 2nyt i'm on an apple mac, just cant seem to chat, apparently i'm in chatroom but not able to chat??? plz help!

Azzurra88, are you using the Safari browser? It does not work with the chatroom. You need to download and use the firefox browser which should work well with the chatroom. Wise.