Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT OF IMPENDING CHANGES ON THIS WEB SITE

At that point, the Infopop Forums will be available, read-only, until July 31, 2005.
    after july 31st, will it be possible to find old posts in an archive somewhere?
    i come here alot to do a search on topics that've already been discussed.
    there's a wealth of info in these old threads.........medical info, personal experiences, home modification pics, etc, etc.
    it'd be a real shame to lose all that stuff.

Shaun - Thank you! We're doing our best!

Nancie - Nearly everything will be converted over to the new forums with the exception of the private topics. We're attempting to convert as much as possible to the new format. Unfortunately, vBulletin only provides a very basic import from OpenTopic. The rest we have to write custom conversion programs to handle. We're doing our best to make the transition as transparent as possible. The new software is liked by most people who use it. The performance will be much better.

cool jeff.
    thanks for all the hard work

Can you make it simple for us to donate money? Something right here to just CLICK and fill in amounts and send? I would donate if I didnt have to write out a check.

nancie - thank you for the nice comment.

SydneyJo - There is a Keck Center "please donate" image at the top left of the forum pages. It links to the Keck Center online donation site . If you wish to donate specifically to support the CareCure Community you can do so by checking the box that says 'My donation is a "Gift of Hope" tribute to someone special' and above that type in "CareCure Forums." In the future there will be a separate checkbox for CareCure donations.

Jeff,
    I know what you are going through. Good luck with the conversion. It looks like you have a great implementation and go-live plan.

Sue

www.unite2fightparalysis.org

"Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean." C. Reeve

Wise/Jeff-

Can we make avatars larger than 48x48? Obviously, you want to limit the size but to me something like 70x70 or so would be better.

I wish I would have seen this post earlier. I'm surprised no one asked for a link to a website currently using vBulletin so they could play around and become familar with it before July 1st. Nonetheless, you can find a sample here.

Good luck! I have written MANY database conversion programs. While the concept is simple, it does take a lot of time.

-ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Thanks, Sue... Thanks, Res...

I think everything will be fine. We'll be able to report anomalies in a special forum after the conversion. And we'll be maintaining links in the new db back to the export information, so we can keep fixing any problems we notice that are leftover from the initial conversion effort. Over time we will probably fix 100% of forum posts.

Jeff, check your [rutgers] email..