Thread: "new posts since last visit" link problem

"new posts since last visit" link problem

when i click that link it usually shows "no new posts". then i click the "back" button and try again. i have to repeat this 4-8 time before i get the new posts. same thing when i finally get the new posts and click on page 2/3 at the bottom. anyone know what's wrong.

jack

I am having same problem

i have the same problem. Also, when I try to return after veiwing a post, either by pushing the back button or the back arrow, I come up with "no search results" and have to start all over again. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough to drive me crazy. I try to check this site at least 2 times a day, hoping that the smaller number of posts will make navigating "new posts since last visit" go more quickly with fewer detours to "no search results" or the dreaded "page not found". However this really doesn't seem to help much. Also, this site can be incredibly slow. I can push the "new posts since last visit" topic, then go and make breakfast while I wait for it to (hopefully) come up, and fold clothes while waiting after veiwing a post and pushing the back button. This doesn't happen on other sites so I know it is not just my computer.

There is no doubt that the information to be found on the site is worth the wait, I just wish it was a little easier and faster to navigate.

Sorry for venting,
    Sandi

this problem has been happening for a few weeks. it didn't just start.

jack

me too but no idea why. everything else links up ok.

I have been having the same problem as Sallys Mom since the last "upgrade" to the board was done. Maybe its time to pull the older stuff & put it on another server for searching?

Sally's Mom,

Can I suggest that when you click on a link, that you hold down the CTRL button, right or left click (or whatever it is on Windows computers) that opens up a new window to view the found topic? In other words, create a new window to view the links every time. This way, you don't have to redisplay the search page again and again. This saves a lot of time.

Jack, I am not sure what is happening but it may be temporary server glitch. We are in the process of transferring the site to another server and software. This is not a trivial task and will require a lot of work. It means translating all the internal links to new links, all the attached files (there are many many gigabytes), and also convince Google to redirect all their links. If you do a Google search for carecure, you will now find over 50,000 topics of our web site listed on their database.

We may archive all the pre-2005 stuff. There are over 75 gigabytes of posts.

Wise.

I connect to the Internet via cable, but I do find that using three different browsers can speed things up. I use Internet Explorer, Mozilla, and FireFox when I am on the CareCure website. Mozilla and FireFox also offer tab browsing which some people find appealing. If I find that Internet Explorer is not working fast enough for me, then I will switch to FireFox or Mozilla while surfing the forums on this website.

PN

I had a very hard time trying to get it to come up, I waited and waited tried clicking finally after about 5 minutes it did, but with only 14 responses, there had to be more than that overnight