Thread: My Golf Cart

My Golf Cart

I got a golf cart with hand controls on my birthday last friday. Today was my first taste of freedom. I went to TSC to get a orange triangle then Target to get some pants and a few CDs.

[This message was edited by jplw on 04-10-05 at 09:35 PM.]

kewl deal! so, you cruised on over in the cart?

" The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

Thats awsome man!..Easy transfer?

~~I went to heaven,but couldnt get in for what i had done.I said ''please take me'',they said your crazy,you had to much fun~~

I have found that I can go anywhere in town in this thing. I will soon be known as the crazy wheelchair guy in the golf cart. I go to therapy, my daughters soccer practice, the store, pretty much all over the place. One of the best things about this thing is that I save money for now. I don't have to pay for gas, insurance, or plates. It goes a whole 10 to 20 mph depending on if it's up or down hill.

The transfer is okay. The seat is a bit higher than my chair. The top is re-enforced so you can grab it to pull yourself up a little, then scoot. I can stand, so that makes it a tad easier. The pain is taking the chair apart and strategically placing the parts on the cart. You can't see it, but on the left side there is a big hook that I hang my wheels on, the seat goes in the ball basket and I lift the chair over the steering wheel like you would in a car. It takes some getting used to, but I'm getting much better and faster. When my daughter goes with, she straps the chair in where the bags would normally go. It works for now. Needless to say I won't be making any cross-country trips, but I can get around town.

jOE

cool, ! you need a hula girl too for the dash