Thread: Hello

Hello

Just checking in here. I'm a quadriplegic that has been injured for eight years and I can't believe my ignorance! So much feedback and so much information! Will probably be around and hope to learn more as I explore this wonderful site. Merry Christmas to you all

Jackstand - Welcome to CareCure! And don't feel bad. People are still discovering us all the time. We have only about 8,000 members which is a small fraction of the worldwide, English-speaking, SCI population. We're constantly gaining new members. Glad you're one of them.

Thanks for the reply Jeff and a hearty welcome! My wife was my caretaker for eight years and finally got burned out! It makes me sad because I feel like I could have done something different if I had only known about all this wonderful information and feedback from people who are in similar circumstances. I'm in the market for a couple of caretaker's and soon hope to be volunteering at the Center for independent living in Athens Georgia. I caught myself in a complacent situation where I was not integral part of my community. My wife was a house mouse and I am a Type A personality :-) I plan to be a part of this message board as soon as I figure out where I am supposed to be here to take full advantage of all the information that has available here. I'm tired of being house bound due to circumstances that other people control although I'm a little blue about losing my family. 10 major operations in eight years have gotten me a little pain shy :-) not to worry I have plenty as Sass left and my chin is up! Thanks again for the welcome