Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Locked Posts

Locked Posts

Why are posts being locked without warning to the members who are posting? Hasn't this generally been the policy, to ask members to stay on topic, refrain from flame and when this isn't honored, thenthe post is locked?

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles"....C. Reeve 1998

Bush won. "They" have a mandate to do as they please.

-Steven
    ...another turning point, a fork stuck in the road

I don't get it. There's not a word to the effect that the post is locked and yet someone can arbitrarily do so? And then the next question from BigB (scary I agreed with him!) also appears to be locked without comment? Who is the Grand Locking Master? Are they going to lock my post asking about the locked posts? Why is there no comment from anyone about why and when and how and where and and and............... There are many more offensive posts on this site than that one.

Guess this will be the next one locked? Can we start a pool on when and by whom?

Seems you're not the only one who found this curious, martha.

Ok now I'm confused.

Are there random lockings
    going on?

J.

J -- Members Only forum has several now. You can look there to catch up.

And who is it who is arbitrarily deciding what is a 'flame' and then locking posts? Seems like there is a lot of 'selective locking' going on here.

And then the next question from BigB (scary I agreed with him!) also appears to be locked without comment? originally posted by Martha
    I have no problem with that Martha, If I disagree with you I still have respect for your thoughts as I do with most people. I can also understand your being cautious about agreeing with me [img]http:
    //carecure.org/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img].Sometimes I make mistakes and sometimes I think people are out to have a laugh at someone else's expense. I say what's on my mind even if it disagrees with Wise's thoughts as you can see in the politicizing the drug industry topic. Sometimes I make mistakes and I admit it. What ticks me off is when some members use dirty tricks to make another look bad. Like contriving a story to defend a school that suggested the use of diapers for handicapped students not because they didn't have bathrooms but because the other students should be protected from contact with bodily fluids from handicapped students. She went out of her way to make me look bad and I still feel the lack of trust from some members today because of that. In addition sending emails behind the scene to discredit me. That has happened to me here on care cure. And the same member had the balls to say through email- That at least I(meaning bigb) know how to treat a lady and would she would love to have dinner with me in an Italian Restaurant and make natural nice faces at me. The same member is one of the m&m gang. I find it strange, disgustingly so that a member would try to crucify me and then send flirting emails. Maybe marm knew something when she suggested that you might not know what goes on behind the scene. I don't play around on this board, I am only interested in a cure and quality of life for my son.

Bob, my apologies -- I was teasing and shouldn't have in that circumstance. I did agree totally with your post and am shocked at the thread locking. I'm not at all surprised to hear of your e-mails from your secret admirer. Apparently a lot of that has gone around too. Be careful is the only comment I would make.

Honestly the only problem I've ever had with you is what is considered "thread hijacking". You do have a tendency to take a thread and change the subject. While your points may be valid, it isn't fair to the original poster to hijack their threads. That's all. I admire your determination to fight for your son's (and by default everyone else's) rights and your dedication to the cause overall. But I feel that we all have a right to have our threads remain on the topic started.

Martha, thanks, that was one of the nicest things I heard here referring to me. I agree with you on my hijacking a thread sometimes and will try to work on that. BTW that flirting email was sent to me in august. I kept quiet about it , but after chappell and marm were scolded I thought I might bring it up.