Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't get fully "logged in" on CC

Can't get fully "logged in" on CC

I've been having trouble getting logged in.

It says I'm not logged in, yet I can reply, but not edit....

So I click the login button to log in, but it never says I'm logged in and I still don't get the edit button on my own posts.

Anyone knows what is happening or how it can be fixed?

"He who votes decides nothing; he who counts the votes decides everything." - Joseph Stalin

[This message was edited by Faye on 11-08-04 at 11:31 AM.]

Faye, is it still happening? The site was behaving a little strange earlier this morning. I am not sure what was going on. It was not responding to my edits as well. Wise.

Originally posted by Wise Young:

Faye, is it still happening? The site was behaving a little strange earlier this morning. I am not sure what was going on. It was not responding to my edits as well. Wise.
    Well just now, I was finally able to fully log in and use the edit function again.
    I was having some of these problems yesterday too.
    At least it's fixed for now.
    Thanks,
    Faye

"He who votes decides nothing; he who counts the votes decides everything." - Joseph Stalin

I can't fully log in either - does this happen often? The home page says I am logged in but I can't access profiles (even my own) and have difficulty in starting a new topic. I can reply though to ongoing topics as you can see.

This was happening to me and still does especially with the MS IE Browser at work. Check the "Browser Problem" topic in the Computers Forum created 12/1 and last reply 12/3.
    Carl

carl, to my knowledge, there has not been any major changes in the software. It is possible that you are using an old browser version that is not compatable with the software on this site. That switch was made about two years ago and there are two versions of software for this site, one for older browsers and one for new and compatable browsers. If you are having trouble with your browser posting on this site, you should switch to the latest version of Internet Explorer or use the old interface.

I use a Mac and there are several browsers for Mac that are not fully compatable with the Infopop OpenTopic software. Let me describe some of these:

• Safari. Safari can utilize most of the functions of this site except for attachments. In order to attach files to postings, I have to switch to either Firefox, Mozilla, or Internet Explorer.

• Firefox. As far as I can tell, Firebox 1.0 can utilize all features of the CareCure web site.

• Mozilla. This works with all features of CareCure.

• Internet Explorer 5.4 (this is the mac version). This can use most of the features of the web site except that some of the dropdown menu items don't work properly. It is also the slowest of all the browsers.

How to use the old interface
    Log out and log back in. When you do so, turn on "Check this option to disable the advanced interface". Click the Login button and you will see the old interface. You can still do everything in the old interface but the controls are in different places rather than in the drop-down menus. Please read more about it in http://carecure.rutgers.edu/spinewir...e/CareCure.htm

Wise.

I suspect that the answer will be a little more complicated. The problem started after we upgraded to xp at work (heavy-duty network and firewall) and happens consistently at work where we only use IE (5.4 I think). At the same time, I started to use Firefox (1.0) as well as IE (6.0) at home interchangeably. Firefox seems fine at home, IE has "some" problems at home and IE has consistent problems at work. The main problem is that CC does not recognize that I'm logged on and requests me to logon every time I access the forums that require it. I enter my id and password and the same empty form is resent without what I've entered and CC does not continue to the forum and will not. I know that CC has checked the id and password since if I enter a wrong password CC gives me an error. I reinitialized my files, objects, and cookies and that doesn't solve the problem permanently. It seems like a cookie problem of some sort to me. I figured it wasn't important since I don't (and shouldn't have time to) spend much time at CC at work, but now I guess others are having the problem too (I didn't want Faye to think that it was only her). The only other clue is that before when I used to click on "Forum Summary" on the CC Community Form I would ALWAYS be put in a new window without requesting it and now I am ALWAYS put in the lower right part of the CC Community Form (IE and Firefox).
    Thanks,
    Carl

carl, I think that I am going to wait for the XP users to comment. At Rutgers, we sit behind two firewalls and I can get out to CareCure without any difficulties with my Mac and Windows XP machines. Have you tried connecting at work wth a laptop that has IE 6.0? Firefox 1.0 should work... however. I don't think that the Infopop software uses any extra channels to deliver or receive cookes but perhaps some of our windows gurus can help on this one. Wise.

Thanks.
    Another clue: Even though the system would not let me into a members-only forum I was able to post a reply to a topic. When I clicked on reply up came that logon form and after filling it out I could reply as "Carl." Once that was done, I could get into the members-only forums too. Therefore, there must be a difference in the program logic (html/php/cgi/whatever) between the two logon forms. BTW, we have IE 6.0 at work and clicking on "use old interface" did not make a difference.
    Carl

carl, I will try to describe your problem to the infopop people and see if they can figure out a solution. Will let you know. Wise.