Thread: Chat

Chat

Is there a way to turn on a sound notification when someone enters the chat or posts a message.
    thanks

PS the reason I ask, is that you may be chatting with someone and they say brb, or going to get a cup of coffee, so then you go read the boards and when they come back they think you left the chat.

[This message was edited by BigB on 09-27-04 at 09:26 PM.]

Bob - A noise with every post would be quite noisy. But the algorithm to know someone was reading the forums while another was using the restroom would be really hard to program. Maybe we just need to check back more often.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Doesn't AIM have a sound when someone sends a IM.?

Kind of a good idea Bob, I know what you mean. Yahoo IM has a buzzer button you can push, that might be handy in chat sometimes.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Originally posted by BigB:

Doesn't AIM have a sound when someone sends a IM.?
    Yes, it does Bob and it sure comes in handy. I can be in the kitchen and when my computer chimes, I know Jess is asking me something and when I hear a knock, knock I know martha is there. I was thinking the same thing with chat on CC, but it would be dinging quite a bit at times if there would be alot of ppl talking. But I like that idea of being notified when someone types in. Sometimes when I am talking, I will quickly go to the forums to read while who ever I am talking to is typing, and get so involved I forget I am in chat

awee cmon. bling blings and ding dings; n buzzers buzzing make life more exciting Jeff and add spice.
    Isn't there a noise that goes "ut-o"?. seems like thats my life's theme noise. lol

TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF MY MOJO

Well.... I could make the noise wait 30 secs after the last time it beeped. IOW, for every post, check when the time of the last beep was.... if it was more than thirty seconds prior... beep again.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~