Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are all these guests?

Who are all these guests?

Ok, I'm probaby the only person around here who doesn't know who the guests are. Are these people who aren't registered or logged in but reading the "free" forums? Are they members on invisible? Why are there usually so many more guests than members online?

Maybe it was the way my momma raised me, but when there are guests around, my immediate reaction is to welcome, bring them in, make them feel at home, serve some coffee and cookies ...

So, whoever you people are ... set a spell ... take your shoes off ... y'all come back now, ya here!

~ Sign says: "Stay away fools, cuz love rules at the Love Shack" ~ B-52s

Originally posted by martha2:

Ok, I'm probaby the only person around here who doesn't know who the guests are. Are these people who aren't registered or logged in but reading the "free" forums? Are they members on invisible? Why are there usually so many more guests than members online?

Maybe it was the way my momma raised me, but when there are guests around, my immediate reaction is to welcome, bring them in, make them feel at home, serve some coffee and cookies ...

So, whoever you people are ... set a spell ... take your shoes off ... y'all come back now, ya here!

~ _Sign says: "Stay away fools, cuz love rules at the Love Shack"_ ~ B-52s
    They are Members that just want to read and of course "lurkers."
    Matt

Guests are not logged in. Either because they are not a member or they are a member but just not logged in at the moment. Invisible members are counted as a member but just don't show in the list.

I often get emails from people who aren't registered. I always encourage them to go ahead and register.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Well one reason this girl does not log on and post hardly anything is that you can see that there is a certain click. If your not in it your going to get ganged up on! Alot of you try to act, but are really not very nice people, maybe it's because of your injuries, that you feel you have to be like this. I try not to let mine determine my actions,I don't know, but I would alot rather "lurk"

sometimes when your a new injury there isnt alot you feel you can add.....For a long time I wasn't looking for anything specific I would just look at the different posts to learn what i had to look forward to. then when i felt i had something to add i joined and started posting. i think alot of people come here not really knowing what their looking for!

With all of our running and all of our cunning
    If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

"Invisible members are counted as a member but just don't show in the list." Jeff

Is the list for visable/invisable members the same as a member would view the list or does the moderator or administrators list of online members also show the invisable members?

So Jeff the guests can't read R&S, Family or the Members Forums, correct?

BigB, I can't see who the invisible members online are. Maybe the admins can.

Tburst, I'm sorry you feel that way but I can also relate to how you feel. For a long time I felt disconnected from the membership. Seemed like everyone knew each other, had their inside jokes, etc. I started going into the chat room, connecting with certain people, read old topics and posts helping to get to know and recognize the different names, etc.

Many of us have been personally offended by other members on the boards. It hurts. You deal with it the best you can, and obviously some handle these situations differently than others. I don't blame you for laying low but I hope that you will find other ways to get involved with the people here. We're a community, albeit flawed because we're all human, but still a community connected by trials and tribulations of spinal cord injury.

Please email or PT me if you'd like to discuss this further.

Bob , as a mod I don't get any indication of ''invisible '' members . I only recently found out about this feature and knowing one member who uses it can say with certainty that I have no idea when ''invisible '' members are online .

Something else I did was count the number of members IDs shown , then compared it to '' Members on the Boards '' . There were 49 ''Members on Boards '' as compared to 42 IDs shown , so I assume that means there were 7 members logged in who were ''invisible ''.
    thank you ,
    dogger

every day i wake up is a good one .

I am logged on like an invisible member

I am a little embarrased that you all can see that I am here nearly all the time so I changed it in the profile.

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69.

LOL, WFE! I know what you mean! I used to log in in the morning when I got to work and stay on all day, checking in every other hour or so. People began commenting on my obsession with the forum or were concerned when I didn't log on--like I must be dead or seriously ill! So, don't worry, some of us understand that, even if you're logged on for hours, you've got other things going on too.

Dogger, I've counted and assumed the same, but that leads me to another question. When we log off, our names stay listed for sometimes an hour later. So, when we log off, is it reflected immediately in the number of members or is the number affected when the name is removed?