Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concerning removed topics

Concerning removed topics

There were some important posts made in a topic called "You can post it here!". In particular anti-homosexual remarks by one member prompted another member to eloquently express her feelings about this as a homosexual woman. The anti-homosexual post made this person feel unwelcome here. She decided to leave. Other members poured out their love and acceptance to her, begging her not to go, as she is a valued and loved member here, who contributes much. She decided to stay. I wanted to close the thread because I did not want to leave room for any more nasty homosexual remarks. Because she is a much bigger person than I, she asked me not to do that, because she said she would much rather answer questions about homosexuality than to sweep it under the rug. So, I asked it not be closed. I thought the posts concerning this subject were profound and important. When the topic was removed, all that vanished. No one can read them now.

Other threads were removed in which I and other members confronted the legitimacy of another member. One that it certainly seemed apparent had been targeting others to harass them. The removal of these threads concerning that individual's authenticity protects that individual, whether he be guilty or innocent, I am not sure yet, although I have a very good idea, but it does not protect the members who were targeted. Rather, it removes the part of the "story" if you will which explained (by several people) exactly why this person's claims of innocence were not believed by some of us.

I asked a specific question in response to Dr. Young's post to that member in which Dr. Young told him that his username had NOT been hijacked. It was "so this means the insulting post in the R/S forum, which was later edited to delete it, had to have been made by (member name) because he claims he did not make that post." Not my exact words, but that is the gist of it. If I received an answer, I don't know, because I had to go to bed about 30 minutes later, and the next morning, that topic was also gone (unless it's there and I just can't find it...someone please point me to it if it's there. I admitt the many posts on this site overwhelm my aging mind).

I don't understand why the topics were deleted, yet no one questioned those of us who made the claims about this person as to WHAT prompted us to do so and to do so adamantly. Obviously we saw this as a problem which extended beyond just someone being dishonest or we would not have wasted our valuable time on it. I know there are MANY people on here faking identities, injuries, no telling what else. It goes with the internet territory. However, when that faking turns to harrassment and is targeted at certain individuals I think that's a problem that needs addressing, not removing.

The reason that the threads were removed was stated as they were not relevant to the forums and the discussions had deteriorated. That is Dr. Young's opinion and as this is his site, he can remove whatever he pleases. However, I do not understand why these PARTICULAR topics were removed, when there are many irrelevant postings every day, and many discussions deteriorate on a daily basis. I just feel somewhat like I and others have basically been told to drop it and be quiet, but without true explaination. And no one owes me or anyone an explaination, but it would be nice. When I was a child, my mother would say, "because I said so", and that was enough. But, we are not children here and that is how I feel I and others have been treated by this. And I feel that the harrassment of individuals needs to be addressed publicly because the harrassment occcurs publicly.

It hurts me that Kendell so beautifully poured out her heart about homosexuality and her feelings just to have that outpouring removed as if it did not even matter. Well, it mattered to me and I think probably quite a few other people.

Anyway, thanks for listening and I appreciate any comments about my feedback.

Take care everyone and have a good day.

Carol

Carol, can I suggest that we give the topic a rest? The topic that you refer to has not been deleted, only removed. The discussion was getting too personal, even before the topic became embroiled in the issue of who a particular member is. The reason that I chose to remove the topic is because the posts had violated the principal rule of this site, that there is to be no personal attacks on any other members. Thanks.

Wise.

Originally posted by Wise Young:

Carol, can I suggest that we give the topic a rest? The topic that you refer to has not been deleted, only removed. The discussion was getting too personal, even before the topic became embroiled in the issue of who a particular member is. The reason that I chose to remove the topic is because the posts had violated the principal rule of this site, that there is to be no personal attacks on any other members. Thanks.

Wise.
    I don't feel that I am being taken seriously
    here, but thank you for reading my post and
    responding.

The principal rules of this site are violated on a daily basis and not all topics that violate the rules are removed. There is a thread in R/S right now that has attacks to a specific member here. It is the thread that started
    everything, so I suppose that should have been
    removed also. THAT topic is not my concern at this point. I HAVE given THAT topic "a rest". The topic of this thread as I have stated above is "Concerning removed topics". I wanted to know WHY a certain topic was removed when there were valid, meaningful posts in it. Yes, it got personal and down right nasty, but I have seen much worse that had NO posts of value STAY. And I quote myself above concerning the other topics in question :

However, when that faking turns to harrassment and is targeted at certain individuals I think that's a problem that needs addressing, not removing.
    I feel like a situation is being swept under the rug here, rather than being dealt with. And if it is being dealt with behind the scenes, privately, it would be nice for those of us out here to know that because some of us have truly VALID concerns. No one has even asked us WHY we have those concerns!

Removal of a topic is the same as deleting it, as long as the rest of us can't read it. It's like a diary with a lock on it. You know there are words in there, but you don't have the key. Maybe I did not express myself well and did not make myself clear. I apologize for that. I am not trying to come off as a rude person here. I am just trying to make myself more clear than the first time. Thank you for your response, although I am not satisfied with it. And please do not take this as a rude post. I know some will. That is not my
    intention. I just am expressing my opinion in the most forward and clear way that I can. Thank you again and have a good day. Do not feel you have to reply, as I am giving it "a rest" as you requested.

Carol

I'm shaking my head right now.

I'm thinking Wise has bigger fish to fry than babysitting adults...oh, like getting us out of these wheelchairs.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

golfer's clap Good post, nov.

Originally posted by gettinup:

You should be...

~Never mistake motion for action~-Ernest Hemmingway

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shaun:

You should be...

~Never mistake motion for action~-Ernest Hemmingway[/QUOUTE]

This coming from an admitted anarchist. C'mon folks. Grow up. I think Wise should remove this topic as well to keep paranoid schizo's like you and X from continuing to barage me with insults although I told you on more than one occasion that I did not post those stupid statements. get a life (expletive deleted)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gettinup:

Originally posted by Shaun:
    You should be...

~Never mistake motion for action~-Ernest Hemmingway[/QUOUTE]

This coming from an admitted anarchist. C'mon folks. Grow up. I think Wise should remove this topic as well to keep paranoid schizo's like you and X from continuing to barage me with insults although I told you on more than one occasion that I did not post those stupid statements. get a life (expletive deleted)

"paranoid schizo's" = personal attack